Spreaders and Sprayers at Agritechnica

Deere-est

ade , i don't recall guy warren the manager when i was there was called tom hislop he might not of been there if you were after me as he was driving the big A when a woman drove into the injector unit & was killed ,i don't think he stayed on much longer after that.

?others you might know are ?Phil Kishere; mechanic/manager, ?Brian Culmstock; machanic/fitter, Rob ??? ;mechanic/fitter, Mark Chapman; driver, John Margets; driver, Clive wensley; driver, Gary Arnold ;driver (only had one leg) to name but a few & Bob ??? he tipped the awd & trailer over at yeovil market. got to admit though tonys wife Karen was a tease walking around in fendt overalls not ziped up much.yeah Tony 's the workshop manager at Lift-West last i heard.

i was there when the first Renaults came 145-45 i think  ? they were awfull tractors compared to the fendts  left before the xylons & nectras came & the renault magnums.

i never knew that many as i was based up here doing crudginton dairy and relif at stonehouse.. but i did do a bit down there at froome . i to had a renault 15554  with a michelin man on the wheel arch i think it was n reg  they had all reuaults apart from a case ih 1455 wich pulled a 4,000 gallon tank. then i had the first xylon then he bought 2 more .. funny though i can still see karren in  short shorts and a skimpy top ....mmmmmm she had a merc car with the reg daw3 ha ha good old times .. our next door neighbour still has a tank he bought from the sale a joskin with a shallow injector.. as for me i left and did a year in australia then did a year at csg in evesham. driving a unbilicle cord on septic tanks before i settled in at home . alough i work for  dad i  do all the sewage stuff field finding soil sampling ect for welsh water. we take out about 3,000 tons a week .. from 3 sites.

i think we all had michelin men on the mudgards i even put one on my britains fendt when i bought it so it would look like the one i drove :D :D it's still glued on there as far as i know ;D

remember this place ? we used to keep coming back there when SOMERSET CONTRACTORS kept having their kit reposesed, then a few weeks later they'd turn up again with brand new kit & we'd go only to come back when it was reposesed again :D :D :D :D :D

the only time i go to staplemead now is to deliver milk ,Phillip Trim now does the waste out of there with scania's & a fleet of valtras :)

i do  hahaha .. guy warren went to phip trim from dawes.. and only left a year or so ago.... i did a bit for him but never got paid .. alo did a bit for bale tankers .. i was never into  the agricultural contracting  then and i only came back home as i knew  dad would would  get his business involved in sewage if i ran it .. we have had some great times on the liquid  but liquid up here has gone completley now its either cake , rolls , or prills,  . we have just tendered for a severn trent contract wich is 100,000 tons a year but  i heard snowie and wrights have also put tenders in .. 

I think two people here could write a book on byproduct injection :) :) :) :): :) :)

MJB1 I can see you prefer german rigidity to gallic charm, no sense of romance !!!!!

if you mean fergies then you're quite wrong my freind as fergie will always be up the top somewhere ,but you have to give credit where it's due & these fendts deserve it , mine clocked over 24000hrs & was still perfect when it was sold .these tractors were looked after better than some people look after their cars as we used to polish them religously, inner wheel centers as well we were also the first people in the south west to have low profile michelin MX tyres fitted , fendt even came over & gave dawes a certificate of authenticity as to the condition of the tractors & the hours they'd done ! When they were sold to a dealer in norway he paid more than what dawes bought them for new 4-5 years previously ! it was a sad day when i drove it upon to the low loader :( :'( :'(

i do hahaha .. guy warren went to phip trim from dawes.. and only left a year or so ago.... i did a bit for him but never got paid .. alo did a bit for bale tankers .. i was never into the agricultural contracting then and i only came back home as i knew dad would would get his business involved in sewage if i ran it .. we have had some great times on the liquid but liquid up here has gone completley now its either cake , rolls , or prills, . we have just tendered for a severn trent contract wich is 100,000 tons a year but i heard snowie and wrights have also put tenders in ..

i think the sh1t hit the fan(excuse the pun) when the NSA ruling came in for a lot of people as we were given maps of fields showing which part of the field could & could'nt be injected, how much & how often, it was a nightmare of paperwork when it was enforced, ?as before then we'd just knock on a farmers door to se if we could use his land to spread it on .i once helped a contractor spread prills on 2000 acres of organic grass & the bloody stuff grew like noboys business that & seaweed prills we also had a contract to spread on golf courses as well with a 1ton vicon spreader & a leyland 802 on grasstyres .

i only had it the last 6mnths of it's stay  but before that the fendts were run 24 hrs a day on dairy waste from Express daries at honiton  or brewers waste from the badger brewery at blandford even fendt were surprised at the hrs clocked thats why dawes were given a certificate of authenticity.

some times it was crap to turn up at 0500 hrs & see drivers asleep in the cabs ,

cos they'd literally shut the engine down & fall asleep before they'd even thought about finishing the days paperwork :(

Cor i prefer the times i had in the summer 7 till done