Spreaders and Sprayers at Agritechnica

Deere-est

Slurry spreader by Agco, the Terra-Gator which some of you know is another fave of mine. Though I never used a slurry spreader/injector with one. And a FLIPPIN MASSIVE hook loader slurry spreader, forget the make but it is huge and thats the main thing. Front and rear steer on the chassis, 3cyl Deutz aircooled donkey on tank. . . ?Sheer engineering at it's best.

And this ladies and gentlemen is my favourite of the show. An Actros 8x4 with Bergmann 22t spreader on the back. Kind of what my old employer priced up but decided to stick to Terra-Gators. Shame  :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'(  It does just happen to be in their colours though . .. . .  ???

FAR??? I ask ya!! Left home at 3am (Wiltshire). Were in out hotel a little after 10am local time via flight from Gatwick and 10 minute taxi ride. All in, flights + two nites at the Foro hotel = 238 quid. Three day pass for show worked out about 25 quid. A couple of models, alot of beer and a stripper were all optional extra's!!!!!!!

Really? Tell me more Sir!! They run out of all our sewage works' with JD's and Daf hookloaders aswell as subcontract with tankers. They got the spreading contract from Agrivert, one of my previous employers. Carcarc also got some of the contract.

There's a numpty staked to my ass!!

As you have already probably. . . . . definately worked out, I worked for Agrivert. www.agrivert.co.uk but its a crap site which hasnt been updated for 3 odd years. So what did you do to get yourself in trouble?

There is/was a guy down your way running Fastracs with big yellow Easterby dump trailers with rollover sheets. All he did was haul up the A303 and A350. Do you know who I mean? With him, Russel Candy, Agrivert, CSG .. . there were a fair few in the game. Agrivert have upped sticks in our area though. Carcarc moved in an CSG gor bigger through Candy's packing in the spreading.

So what did you do to get yourself in trouble?

(Dawes) the firm i worked for was asked by CSG if we could inject slaughter house waste (blood & gut contents),so i tried it & initialy it went ok. But as the pits went down i started having trouble with offal blocking the injection pipes,so much so i could fill a bin bag up every day. it got to the stage where i was turning it away & throwing no end of F**ks into the reps, then i heard that a rep from CSG was comnig to see what the fuss was all about,  as he turned up i was unblocking the pipes & started on me by saying that maybe i wasn't operating the machine properly !

thats when i started throwing my toys around along with a bit of colourfull language & a handfull of intestines straight at the clean suited gent .

when i got home to the yard later that night ,there were a lot of posh cars & men in suits creating merry hell in the office, needless to say the outcome was that i had thrown a large ammount of offal at CSG's 'south west & middlands region head of waste disposal'  & was banned from every CSG site in the country. spent the next day driving my tractor back to Frome to haul dairy waste out of staplemead dairy . :-\ ::):D :D :D

Oh right. I see, would have loved to have been one of the many flies down there. Bet it was a picture. Men in suits are very unsympathetic to machine operators. Agrivert was good in that respect, the MD was often seen driving the spreaders or the 360's and even my area manager would lend a hand to clear blocked rotors on the spreaders!! They all started like the rest of guys and had relative experience rather than theoretical 'knowledge' so to speak. Damn fustrating when your put in the position you were in isn't it?

yeah , when the pits were full the job was a doddle as it was just thick liquidblood, thats why the initial trials went well,it was when the pits were half empty  that the offal started to get sucked onboard that the trouble started  ::)

so if you worked for dawes mjb1 you will no me ....? i worked for them years ago and my best mate was the manager in fact I was only down there a few weeks ago as me and guy warren still talk most days .. and poor old tony dawe repairs forklifts now ..ha ha no reanults and xylons now....