pto that wont stop spinning

denis086

ok here goes weve got a case mxu135 i was loading our pottinger loading wagon when it choked i backed up the tractor turned off pto and dropped the knifes back i noticed then the pto was still turning i tried turnning off the tractor and restarting it big mistake it wouldnt even turn over so i called the head mechanic at our dealership and he said to stick a bar in the pto shaft and urnit back a bit to take the pressure of the tractor and take it off this worked and was able to bring it to the ard however the pto was going the whole time and refuses to turn off does any body have any idea whats up ???

Sounds like the clutch pack as burned out / welded itself up. PTO won't disengage which by extension will prevent the tractor from starting through the sensor. Imagine it will be an arse to get at too.... couple of days in the dealership no doubt watever it is...

Sounds like the clutch pack as burned out / welded itself up. PTO won't disengage which by extension will prevent the tractor from starting through the sensor. Imagine it will be an Bum to get at too.... couple of days in the dealership no doubt watever it is...

I'd agree with that diagnosis, best get the wallet ready because I doubt it will be a very cheap repair :o

well that does didily does it that is it its not going to stay much longer around our yard we did the brakes the first year now this not even two years  >:( >:( i think we might hve to go green this time thanks for the help lads  ;) we did our mf3085 clutch last year by the way there a brill tractor noo matter what anyone says its  good series ;) and its a 95 reg 

Its a Case thing, any Case tractor that was built in a previously all blue factory will give you trouble as the workers don't want to build them, thats why the MXM's were so much trouble ;)

a fella down our way had an mxm190 opened up 210 it gave out anyway it put itself in gear and drove of downt he road into a ditch :D :D anyway a fella told me a guy he knew had the old mx100 and a mx115 they cost him €10000 in a year a lone and he keeps all his machines in showroom condition :o :o

Any CVX or TVT is ok as long as you don't go for the 195 models as they are trouble, you will often here reports of transmission failure and engine management system failure on them....the transmissions can't cope with the HP on those models ::) ::) A 175 will run rings around a 195 due to it being a much better set up