GOODBYE NEW HOLLANDS

Ade

its a sad day  well kind of 3 of our  long serving main tractors are going  we had a few things in the pipe line  and  the 2 new hollands  are going now the tm150  and the 8560  are off and the big jd8110 is going also  ..the two hollands  are being replaced by valtras and the deere is not being replaced as the new 6920 bought in  the autum was a extra tractor .. my 7920 will do all the mowing  and  drilling and one of the new valtras will plough .. we are having  a t160 and a t180 both 50k and on air .with front linkage on the 180 both  are also having wide tm650 tyres on rear and 600s on the front .... new holland  have been a good tractors the 8560 clocking up 8,000 hours on a t reg and the tm150 on a 02 reg has done ,5,000 so they aint done to bad  but as contracting  gets harder and prices are competitive we have to have reliable kit  and  we need 50k  and  on air . we are also thinking about changing  the bateman as we are doing less and less spraying  and more supesion fertlizer spreading  for a faster bigger unit like a unimog .. but we aint decided  on that .... i did call maudie bond today  and asked the rep to call in ..

we had a unimog do some spraying for us last autumn-never again!! If they are low ground pressure then i'm a monkies uncle!! we'd never seen such a mess! Our 8560 has done 7000hrs now on a P reg, started to make a few funny back end noises now. Does spend alot of time on a KRM opti drill though, 4m wide, looks like a mounted simba free flow in a lot of ways only fully mounted, too heavy really! Has to have a big sumo press on the front just so it can lift it, no wonder its started to complain! Its on its second wiring loom though, the first one burnt out at 2500 hrs, both the cab and engine wiring loom and alternator had to be replaced, very costly!!

we never had a tractor that the 6920 replaced it was a adition to the fleet  the 8110 did the mowing and  drilling as my 7810 was a bit slow on the mowers in heavey going  also did not like the 6m power harrow. so i had my 7920  and had it chipped  so we dont need the 8110 . i like the valtra we aint had  any  think go wrong with the two we run  now  and before that we had a 8050 series and that was a good lass......  we have decided not to change the 890 claas so we are changing wo tractors we have also ordered a new 4  rotor rake  and 2  new look lift trailers  .. so i dont thik dads purse will takemuch more  ...... o yea and i  got  a nissan navara outlaw pick up .....but thats about nackered now

Ah ok i understand now how much has your 7920 been opened up to ? and how many hours she done in her first few months to a year whats your average workload with the tractors hours wise i'm just asking to find out how it varies round the country round here anything from 500 to 2200 hours for contractors machines

Guest Fendt pwr

Sounds nice to have new tractors on the way,I asked my boss if he had any plan to upgrade his 1255xl with a bigger and newer tractor and got told too stand on the diff lock more or change down a gear :( oh well thats life hey  :) :)

the deere has done 600 hours so far  its factory output  o the dyno was 229 hp after 100 hours it was put up to 234 ( thats what they should be) and we had a powerslave chip put on it and that a varable knob in cab max hp is 280hp but i only have it right up on mowing .... our tracors do diffrent hours with there jobs ... the two valtras do less hours beacuse they are on sewage all year roung and they only work 6 am to 2.30 5 days a week . the 6920 and the tm150 do the most as they work all winter doing slurry pumping the tm150 has done 5,000 hours and the 6920 has done 500 hours  the 6920 and the tm150 and the 8560 do trailering for silage  we pull one valtra off the sewage for the rake  and we use a hired in mccormick 200hp for the pit on our allbuzz 4m buckrake..

Albuzz? ??? Sure you don't mean Albutt? :-\

no mate allbuzz  they are a engineering firm that  make grapples for  the timber industry  but made this one as we kept bending our twose  they are blue  i will take a photo for ya when i can get to it from the back of the shed