Gav's tractors

Gav836

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fendt was top of my want list but the boss couldn't afford them, Renaults were second, so we got two of them, i hated the valtra, was more due to the spec i think, a 50KPH tractor with no cab suspension was awfully uncomfortable! Fastrac was ok but we would have had to of upgraded all the trailer brakes to air to accomodate it so was ruled out.

Didn't help that it was my uncle who was selling it, couldn't be as awkward with him as i was with the other dealers and ask about specs and criticise the tractor, i wasn't too impressed by the way it was struggling with a 5 furrow plough on very light land, it should have played with that on there really. I would love to have a play with the new Fastrac though, looks like a hell of a tractor  :D :D

it was and it wasn't- the Case would sit in the barn half the year as it was too big to use for other jobs besides ploughing and trailer work, with only a 1000rpm PTO and no pick up hitch her workload was restricted. whereas the Renault gets used for everything from rolling and pasture topping to ploughing and top dressing. The Renault is much more comfortable to drive as well and despite being a smaller setup i can still get just as much done in a day as it is more manouvrable

i'll certainly agree with that, my one had been tweaked to 240hp, so it would pull the plough and press at 10kph quite easily, we never did find anything to make it struggle too much. would pull right down to 1000rpm then if you dropped a gear it would pick straight up again with no trouble

They are lovelly the old magnums one bloke around here used to run one with a an 8 furrow plough i think it was tweaked but it did pull but it was just to large to be used for anything else i think he traded it in for a newer magnum and now a fendt 930 as he can use it for alot more as the fendt is more useable

we decided to go the other way and down size the tractor, gave us another general purpose tractor, A fendt 930 is still too big and heavy to be used for things like rolling. If it wasn't for the need of another tractor like that we would have stuck to a bigger tractor like an MX240 but this seemed like the better option. Besides a MX240 would look daft on a 6m set of rolls!!  :D :D :D;)