HARVESTING AT BURGHLEY GARLOGIE ABERDEENSHIRE - 22/09/2008

BC

Well on the way home from work yesterday afternoon I had to stop on the Garlogie straight when I saw a MF combine looking ready to start. What really caught my eye was a classic unrestored Dexta hitched to and original looking Marshall single axle trailer. This alone could have been a 60's scene. Anyway enough chat and on with the photos.

2292008001.jpg

2292008002.jpg

The makers plate amd number 12,390

2292008003.jpg

A MF 36RS K registration circa 1992

2292008004.jpg

2292008005.jpg

2292008006.jpg

More of the combine in what was a short barley crop but a large amount of grass. The tractor driver said that it had been undersown with grass seed and having the wet year we have had the grass had taken over.

2292008007.jpg

2292008008.jpg

2292008009.jpg

2292008010.jpg

2292008011.jpg

The other carting tractor a P reg MF390 with Fraser trailer

2292008012.jpg

Nice couple of photo's Bill. I wish I had the time to get out with the camera. Still, you, Texas, Erik, RDF and others give me plenty of insights into what else is going on apart from sludge spreading! :) I have quite a few pics to put up when I get a minute to pair up my 'phone and laptop.

It was a nice straight looking untampered with Dexta but what really impressed me was the condition of that Charlie Marshall trailer. There was a load / weight  sign painted on too and I think it was just over the ton. Fortunately the field they were in was on the road know as the "Garlogie straight" which is a flat road about a mile long so the Fordy should have done ok. It a favourite road for the "old bill" to sit in with their hairdryers but the Dexta should have been safe unless they did him for not having a safety frame ;) ;)

Nice couple of photo's Bill. I wish I had the time to get out with the camera. Still, you, Texas, Erik, RDF and others give me plenty of insights into what else is going on apart from sludge spreading! :) I have quite a few pics to put up when I get a minute to pair up my 'phone and laptop.

I tend not to go out looking Tris it mostly just on me travels that I catch them... although I do admit to using roads where I'm most likely to catch machinery in action ;D ;D I haven't seen any sludge or dung spreading of late but I've seen cattle courts been emptied so I will keep my eyes peeled for the spreading opeartions.

Look forward to seeing your pictures of spreading shix ;) ;)

Great pictures again BC, that little dexta sure is a nice looking little tractor.

Erik.

Thanks Erik that Dexta did impress me as did the trailer. The tractor is original and untampered with and in my opinion should be kept that way. Just an ideal tractor to have to take to vintage working days ;) ;)

Another good find Bill........If the weather up with you has been anything like it has here there will be plenty lads out getting the wheat in........ :)

Only the second massey combine I have seen in action up this way Martin. Still lots of barley to cut but the past 5 days weather should aid the drying up process. Mind you light rain on this morning as I headed down the A96 past Craibstone.

Thanks Erik that Dexta did impress me as did the trailer. The tractor is original and untampered with and in my opinion should be kept that way. Just an ideal tractor to have to take to vintage working days ;) ;)

You are so right BC, and the nice thing about these little tractors, they fit in the same space as a car so if you have a garage you can have it inside, and work on it when needed, unlike some off the more modern classics that are much bigger  :'( ;).

Erik.

Very true Erik you need larger sheds for the cabbed versions. All my real life collection are from the 40's and 50's so no cabs.... I still have to remember to remove exhaust pipes before going into the garage or shed though ;D ;D

Very true Erik you need larger sheds for the cabbed versions. All my real life collection are from the 40's and 50's so no cabs.... I still have to remember to remove exhaust pipes before going into the garage or shed though ;D ;D

Even more importend, do not forget exhaust might be HOT  ;D

Erik.

• 2 weeks later...