Massey Ferguson 698 turbo

Murray

I'm lucky enough to have driven quite a few 600 series in various stages of disrepair and others in good condition. The interior didn't take much punishment and the cab rot was a big problem, as were those horrid interior door catches. However, mechanically and useage was as good as the competing Fords and I've enjoyed them. Good example Murray :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't that 1004T get discussed here some months ago???

I think it did now you come to mention it...  :-[

Basically a 698t with a different number...

Nice brochures wow awesome no 1004 over here as I can see...............

We never got it here either pops..

the 1004t looks well

thanks for that Mark

No probs Murray - I've never seen one in the flesh - probably never will either  :-[

thats one nice tractor mate i take it shes on spraying duties usually witht the wheels and the bag on the axle

they dont do spraying  :-\ :-\ we do it for them  :D :D

the rason for the bag is because when they go to bale straw or hay none of it sticks to the tractor just keep its running smooth  ;)

they dont do spraying  :-\ :-\ we do it for them  :D :D

the rason for the bag is because when they go to bale straw or hay none of it sticks to the tractor just keep its running smooth  ;)

ok i see what you mean thanks i just saw our neighbour do the same when he goes spraying

nice find murray , looks like an early 698, but remember chaps these tractors were available with long & short wheelbase options ,also optional wheel sizes ,

the turbo is an after market fitting. the 698 T was available a few years after the 600's were released .

mark have you got any other 698 brochures ? i can remember a leaflet of a 698 with MF 200 trailer driving round the corner of a farm building  & that looked huge due to having 38in rears & 28in fronts.

i have driven all 600 series models all different sizes, the 698T was a great drive, matter of fact i usually choose the 689T over the 3080 on a farm i used to work on alas no pics , the 698T was usually fitted on 36in rears & 26in fronts & short wheelbase only as i remember ,not a great driving position  till the tilting steering wheel was introduced .

the 1004 looks an interesting tractor mark

darn you're good mark  :D

thats the one ! with those wheels on she looks positivly huge compared to a 698T all down to wheelbase & wheel options

thats as stunning pic now as when i first remembered it .

dream tractor is still a 699 though 

I drove a long wheel base version for a while at my cousins it had a straight through exhaust pulled well and you could hear it coming up the road for miles away it was a good tractor . i think the short wheel based version looked the better of the two .

Daz

• 2 weeks later...