New Holland 8260 and Kongskilde Vibroflex......

NewHolland2

It was just a thought as i have one fitted to my Land Rover Defender for this reason as well as deep water!! Used alot on Australian vehicles to keep dust out, so would have the same result with a tractor i would imagine

I hope you've done the breathers as well Gavin  ???::)

I hope you've done the breathers as well Gavin? ???::)

Have got the kit here ready to put on when it comes back from the garage - slight cambelt problem, needs a modification done, not cheap either  :-\

Reference to 8260 with air cleaners

Well for all your peice of mind here is how the air in take problems were over came

It goes back a lot longer than you think ..........

First of all it is a British \ Scottish conversion which belive it or not New Holland took on Board the conversion's took place at

Agricar (Ford \ New Holland Dealer ) Forfar 01307 462281

Managing Director Mr J.D.Milne

Service Manager Mike Ritchie

Black Smith Jim Clark

Parts Manager Myself

Well as i said it goes back further than you think >>>>>>>>> It stems back to the first of the series 40 tractors 6 cylinders only turbo \ non turbo the tractors had a major problem with air in take espically on sowing \ one pass operations ,dusty conditions the air filters were only lasting half a day etc and were completly choked causeing the engine with breathing \ boiling problems

so the first conversions were to bore out the outair box (where air filters were kept ) weld on a ford 7000 air cleaner pipe ,then cut a hole in the bonnet (air stack then came visible ) then we popped a 7610\7710\8210\6810\7810 \ 7000 glass bowl on the top then bingo the tractor could breath ..........

But some people liked the above butsome? weren't happy cause it was in there vision,so we went to plan b

The second conversion was far far better very same idea again but we we cut into the air box and put on a turbo pipe with a bend which was tucked under bonnet (very tidy) welded a small extension pipe on to it and this went back to the cab then welded another pipe on to this which shot right up the pillar of the cab (passed hand rail \ mirror , to top of cab roof then we mounted bowl on , and the rest is history..............All pipes were sprayed matt black along with all locating brackets it was a wee bit time consuming but it overcame all filter \ filtration problems ,then New Holland took the idea on Board and fitted \ used it in waranty \ warranted conditions

most series 40 tracrtors around Tayside \ Perthshire \ Kinkardinshire and surrounding area's are running about with them.....

Well i hope you get the jist of this and it answers your problems.........

Jcb007

used to work at agricar forfar,then worked with that farm that u take pictures off with the john deeres and grimme tattie gear.now over in new zealand working for a baling contractor have done 2 seasons before this year.now going be across here for 30 months.

used to work at agricar forfar,then worked with that farm that u take pictures off with the john deeres and grimme tattie gear.now over in new zealand working for a baling contractor have done 2 seasons before this year.now going be across here for 30 months.

I'm having a guess you've left a comment on my fotopic site...... ???;) ;)

Hi New Holland2............................

John Deere & Grimmie........mmmmmmm would that be Niven Pitleavie by any chance .......he's big in jolly green giants and loads of orange to follow on and in front.......

Hi JCB007. That would be Niven...... :) :) :). I've got a fair few pics of his kit. I'm well impressed with the look of his new Grimme 6 row planter...... :) :) :)

Guest Fendt pwr

I've heard from a few English people that there were so many kiwi's in England that it was a wonder england didn't drop into the sea a bit more with over population,I just thought since I've heard a few lads from the UK say that,that it was a comman saying to you guys.

The manger in the work shop at "landpower" in hornby has not long moved out from England to live here,if your ever in ch-ch call in and say hello to him (Dave) he's a top guy,they were living in a house on the farm for a while so no doubt he could tell you a few tails about me and dead sheep. :-[:D :D

Niven's neighbour has a 6 row planter to on a new TM19O ......... I think it's a 190 but it sure is a wicked peice of kit

[got pictures of the tm190 on standen openers,6610 deere with the 6 row planter and a couple of tractors with stone seperators on .i think the disk is back in bonnie scotland/quote]