New Holland 8260 and Kongskilde Vibroflex......

NewHolland2

Nice pictures again NH2, never seen a 60 series in the UK with side air intake. Might be an import? ??? Still looks good.? :)

I was wondering that too, only some of the models have the side air intake don't they, which models are they??

• 5 weeks later...

Nice pictures again NH2, never seen a 60 series in the UK with side air intake. Might be an import ??? Still looks good. :)

Right, well. I have an answer to the question as to whether this is an import. I had a look at the pics of New Holland 60 Series tractors in my UK and US brochures and neither of them have any signs of an air intake filter. I will have a read through them again later to see if the filter is mentioned as an optional extra but so far, I am of the opinion that it is an optional extra and not a standard UK or US feature......

It could well be a farm made high rise intake, if the tractor done a lot of dusty work it would help it to pull cleaner air in with it being mounted higher. considering the tractor obviously goes cultivating in dusty it seems highly probable as they are relatively cheap and easy to make

It could well be a farm made high rise intake, if the tractor done a lot of dusty work it would help it to pull cleaner air in with it being mounted higher. considering the tractor obviously goes cultivating in dusty it seems highly probable as they are relatively cheap and easy to make

Were early 8260s turboed? If not maybe an addition.

Interesting thoughts folks. Didn't think of the home made addition idea. Not sure if 8260's were turboed. I'll have to have a read of the brochures again......

It was just a thought as i have one fitted to my Land Rover Defender for this reason as well as deep water!! Used alot on Australian vehicles to keep dust out, so would have the same result with a tractor i would imagine