Same - Opinions

Powerstarâ„¢

Pieces of cr*p thats all i've heard reliability is rubbish comfort basic and just not close to any other manufacturer the reliability of even the 03 models of Case's MXM 175-190 and NH TM 175-190 were better (i've heard nothing but bad things about there engines etc the 03 models)

I drove a Lamborghini equivalent to the Same silver a few years back. Did a bit of muck spreading with it on a Harry West rear discharge. Was very basic I thought, the gearing on it was terrible one of the worse I'd ever used, I did think it was quite comfartable though had a nice seat and everything was where you wanted it. It's a tractor where it's ok in short, sharp bursts, not something you'd want to drive for 16hrs a day during harvest though :-\ :-\ :) :) ;) ;)

Strange you lot say that as a contrator nearby had a fleet of 8 till he fell out with the dealer , & he was very impressed with them  as he'd had SAME for the last 15 years, some of them sounded real beasts as the baffles had rotted out in the exhaust, the only thing the drivers didn't like was that the steering shared the same oil resovior as the back end & if you didn't keep the steering working while tipping a trailer  then you'd have no steering . Apart from that, if there was another dealer close by he'd of bought more he now runs Deeres & MF & refuses to go into the SAME dealers yard.

I was reading an article in one of the tractor mags about Feb/April time, there was a guy in there who had two on contracting and he swore by them..... one was on hedgecutting pretty much full time from what I remember which I would think is a good test for any tractor.

i havent any experience of them but have to say ive seen a rubin drawing around here a while back with a dump trailer and she looked very impressive, as for the rest of them  i think there pretty ugly (excuse the pun), one of my friends mowes silage with one niot sure which model it is now but its 150hp and he swares by it!

no no no no no!!!

Just listen to them tickover!!! They can't even idle properly!! engine is soft metal!!!! gearbox is really shite quality metal that has basically been hardened a little!!! no no no no

You may know i'm a big deere fan, followed by massey, then Fendt, then fordson super major, then MAYBE the older renaults purely for grip, like the 103s and 106s, But thats as far as i stoop, SAME don't get a look.

Over here people buy them cause they are cheap and only do very little work with them like clear out the odd hen house or pull like a 6 ton trailer of silage!!! ha ha!  :D :D

You'd be better buyin a vintage case!!!

i havent any experience of them but have to say ive seen a rubin drawing around here a while back with a dump trailer and she looked very impressive, as for the rest of them? i think there pretty ugly (excuse the pun), one of my friends mowes silage with one niot sure which model it is now but its 150hp and he swares by it!

Is it a fairly modern Same civilpek? Antares, Silver??

Our neighbour had a 130, sounded lovelly. He ploughed with a 5f Rabe, spread muck with a 10t BJ, had a 4m shakerator so it did alot of work on a variety of tasks. It kept him happy till a problem occured in the hydraulics and the dealer didn't want to know. As far as I know he was pretty happy with, a McCormick has replaced it now.

SAME seem to be in the same bracket as DEUTZ, although DEUTZ is the better of the two ,in that long term users swear by them but the others are biased to what they like anyway, i learned to drive properly on a 135 & although i've not driven a fergie for a while ,if push came to shove then i'd always go red  even though i've driven better at times.

There arn't many DEUTZ or SAME dealers around our way ,but those who got them very rarely get rid of them.

Guest Fendt pwr

Well said mjb1

There's an organic root crop farmer near me how will only look at a tractor if it's deutz.

The new Same iron's have 6cly Deutz euro 2 donks in them and will lift 9.2 ton and pump out 120l per min of oil.

120L/min is that through the crankcase seal?  ;D

No no you guys are right. The chap I mentioned who went to McCormick only did so because of the dealer. He was happy with it, only tractor he had, he was the only driver etc so it wasn't abused or anything and it stood up to the test pretty.