Handy little tools topic... post them here...

Lord Ferguson

Question

I found this really 'natty' little tool a while ago which I thought I'd share with you model builders... it's actually a cutter for the plastic trim you put around tiles (the edge strip) ....

So... if you've got a natty tool you want to share with us all please post away....

Oh... by the way... this is made by plasplugs and it DOES cut plastrut.. I've tried it ... takes a stanley blade by the way  ;)

DSC_5919.jpg

DSC_5920.jpg

heres a web site that i get  catalogs from its over here in the states so i recon shipping would be kinda steep

http://www.micromark.com/

it might actually be cheaper. my dads mate buys all his tools out of the states....even a few cement mixers :D :D works out cheaper to buy it and ship it from the states than it does to go to his local hardware shop :o

I picked up some curved scissors for plastics in a local model shop, great for cutting small sections or curves, no good at long, thin runs though as it causes the plastic to curl.... have used them to trim up things like the fender extensions on the TM and shape the cab glazing, they're a great '1st fix' before filing and sanding..... were only a few quid I think... I never knew they existed til I saw them on a hanger in there... I'd been struggling along with a Stanley knife and one of those scoring knives [mine's an Olfa] like Tris' but these have been a revelation.....