min tillage query

neilw

is there any reason why most min tillage implements are towed, rather than mounted?? Is this purely because of the job they have to do or is there some othe reason?? Also, Simba solo or Amazone centaur?? Lemken gigant is out on HP needs for me...

I think they are trailed to keep them on the surface and not for draught work. The wheels are often the depth control on trailed machines aswell. 

Centaur is basic and a bit boring.

Simba looks great in 'work' and is highly accurate but it's capabiltiy for folding into transport mode is another RC2 Joke >:(

I think they are trailed to keep them on the surface and not for draught work. The wheels are often the depth control on trailed machines aswell. 

Centaur is basic and a bit boring.

Simba looks great in 'work' and is highly accurate but it's capabiltiy for folding into transport mode is another RC2 Joke >:(

Can't put the Simba behind the Steiger sadly - its narrower than the tractor ;D  Centaur looks better on it, though is very boring as you say Tris.  I think the Lemken is too big for the Steiger...

Lemken should be ok Joe I would have thought, jus don't put the tines in as deep  :);)

The Disc-O-Mulch is something I have never seen in true scale but as a model it's wondeful, I have the first 6m version. It's a great model. There may be a review of it.  ;)

Lemken should be ok Joe I would have thought, jus don't put the tines in as deep  :);)

The Disc-O-Mulch is something I have never seen in true scale but as a model it's wondeful, I have the first 6m version. It's a great model. There may be a review of it.  ;)

what do you mean the first Tris.....the first over here or your first ;) ;), i agree it is a great model, hence i got 2!!.....one to become a 3m like Sean did ;).....more French i think so not sure we would see many if any over here :-\ :-\ :-\

Doesnt the Lemken need 380HP though?? Didnt think Steigers had that much?? Nice looking tractor though, and Implement....

The Steiger has 280hp, so not enough grunt for the Lemken - should be fine for a TopDown as long as its wider than the duals though...need to get the ruler out I think!

The Quadtrac would probably be best for the Lemken I reckon?

what do you mean the first Tris.....the first over here or your first ;) ;), i agree it is a great model, hence i got 2!!.....one to become a 3m like Sean did ;).....more French i think so not sure we would see many if any over here :-\ :-\ :-\

The first one, the 6m one. The 3m one is limited I think. ???

We have a mounted 3m Lemken Smaragd 9, which is basically a section of the Gigant which Siku model. Depth control is via the rear crumbler.... when they get wider I think you'd have to have that much ballast on the front of the tractor to keep the wheels on the ground when you lifted out of work you'd need to subsoil afterwards to lift the soil!!  ;):D

post-1414-132638948735_thumb.jpg

In theory the Centaur was Amazones answer to Vaddy topdown so to pull a 6 metre comfortably you wouldnt want less than 300hp ;)

As for Lemken I know its wide at 10mts but its more of a surface tool than Centaur so a id say 300hp on duals or a CAT765 would be OK :)  Mind you our local farmer has a 10m Lemken gigant with the "Rubin" configuration (mostly discs and presumeably heavier) and that sits behind 400-500hp tracklayers!