Khun Venta Drill

jdc

Sorting things out and found these of a drill I had a demo of a few weeks ago. good drill with a decent sized hopper....downside is the power harrow is more or less part of it so has to be bought too. It was quite sticky that day but still made a reasonable job.  :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

NH is at top of field with my drill.... :)

Works well, but big money. Will keep the front p. harrow as well though, so plenty ballast there.  ;D

Discs coulters John - I thought you were looking at tines - have heard good reports about the Weaving drills you were looking at especially when you compare price tags ;)

Glad to see that demo then - will I come over with the 3600 and MF 30 :D :D

Discs coulters John - I thought you were looking at tines - have heard good reports about the Weaving drills you were looking at especially when you compare price tags ;)

Glad to see that demo then - will I come over with the 3600 and MF 30 :D :D

This year showed that tines wouldn't have worked.........still need some kind of cultivation and discs to get through trash. Most Vaderstad drills were parked up a lot of the time and Prontos never moved........ :(

John, whats that ugly red thing doing on your land??  :D;)

Marky's not in any pics  ??? ??? ;D ;D

even better massey  :P  :D

Shhhh! It was chipped  ;);D

were my dad works have just swapped a accord drill combi drill for a kuhn Venta (mounted on original p/harrow), looks different to your pics and fitted with suffolk cultours, not discs, brilliant drill, worked well in the sticky conditions this year, its a 4m machine on a jd 7710 and front 4m press, well balanced. you can lift the drill out of work and just use the powerharrow (and markers as they are mounted on the harrow) to do the headlands/rough spots before drilling, its also a 3 row drill so trash dosnt block it as easy

So is it a consideration for the future John or in essance is it not really that far advanced from what you have and trust?

Looking to change my drill as it is 1992 vintage and is generally just wearing out.  :D

Still a bit undecided as to whether to go for a cultivator drill or stick with the good old combination. This year showed that the combi will drill when others can't move........

I think I need a disc drill, SL as it's the difficulty of getting through chopped straw rather than trailing it also need to cut into heavy land more. Like the idea of lifting the coulters too.

It was never really dry enough to roll down this year, Ol and even in those pics it was like a chocolate caramel - dryish on the outside but soft and sticky in the middle  ;D In a dry year the rollers aren't heavy enough but do help to save some moisture.  Maybe I should change my name to 'Heavy Land'  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...