Claas Challenger Models.

powerrabbit

Here is my profile on the Norscot Claas Challenger 85E in 1:32 scale.

I do not have a box for this one unfortunately. I will seperate it into sections as there are 8 pictures in total.

Firstly, this model is a very good representation of the tractor with a relatively high detail and is mainly diecast in construction with the obligitory plastic parts such as the rear tanks, exhaust and air stack, handrail and steps, front weight, the cab (roof is diecast) and the engine. The track wheels and rollers are plastic and tracks are rubber. The tracks do go round and the left-hand door of the cab opens rearward. The cab interior is fairly well detailed but the instument panel could have been picked out a little better but all in all, a very good model seemingly now hard to find. Norscot also did variants of the Claas Challenger in 1:32 and also in the dark yellow/mustard Cat livery as Claas produced the real thing under license from Caterpillar. Also to be found in 1:16 and 1:64 scale.

Left and right.

85E01.jpg

85E02.jpg

Finally, the rear veiw showing the fuel tank position.

The only down-side of this model is the lack of a 3-point linkage and the drawbar being in a fixed position and a very small hole in only the lower clevice for a drawbar pin but without a corresponding upper clevice hole is pretty useless for mounting any trailed implement.

85E03.jpg

I have two  of these both mint and boxed  :).think I mentioned that beforer in another topic ,.....may have been after Tris got his one...................I would  probably be willing to sell one  if anyone  fancies  you know where I am !

yes I agree , its a great model , a bit different, good to have in a collection. I also have two proper Cat coloured 95E `s  all in 1/32 scale

What a great write up... thanks ever so much Tim.... what a shame about the poor rear linkage - other than that it looks to be a great model to own... I may have to invest in one after Crimble I reckon  ;)

Superb pics by the way... some great close-up pics especially  :o

PDC.  I take it that the one you have pictured is the 1:16 model. I have one of these as well, a Challenger 35. Each of these are individually numbered as they were limited, mine is number 460 I think, came in a yellow CAT box, the box has the same number on it as the model.

No ::) it's 1.16 scale by NZG very big and very heavy :) good investment though I paid £65 from Claas UK a few years ago :P Worth a bit more now I think ???

Yes, that's the same one as my 1:16 Challenger. Bought mine through a Claas dealership as well, the only source at that time and they are now concidered quite rare. They were initially priced at £85, I paid £75 for mine but someone told me that last year a freind of a freind found one complete with box and paid £185 for it.

ClaasChallenger.jpg

Yes, deffo a Cat box, yellow with CAT emblazoned all over it. I thought that it was the wrong box but when I noticed that the model limited number on the box was the same as on the model came to the conclusion that it was right. The Claas liveried and decalled Challengers were made under license from CAT and I was told that some of the very early Norscot 1:16 ones were in CAT boxes, perhaps mine is a little rarer for that.

Finally, the rear veiw showing the fuel tank position.

The only down-side of this model is the lack of a 3-point linkage and the drawbar being in a fixed position and a very small hole in only the lower clevice for a drawbar pin but without a corresponding upper clevice hole is pretty useless for mounting any trailed implement.

85E03.jpg

really nice model ;) ;) can you not fit a siku linkage to the rear  ???

No ::) it's 1.16 scale by NZG very big and very heavy :) good investment though I paid £65 from Claas UK a few years ago :P Worth a bit more now I think ???

Yes very nice indeed  :o

Eh by the way..if Ertlerik knew you have it he would be on hes way to the UK by now  :D :D :D