best bits of classic tractor magazine

Dear Big-4

Obviously, I'm duty bound to say that this post is a great idea...but actually, it is, because it gives me a great idea of what people like in the magazine.

When we conducted a survey in the past, the 'Farm Favourites' section came out of it well, whereas models and European stuff didn't do so well....or at least 40% of the surveyed readers didn't really like these sections.

So keep the comments coming.

For the record, my personal favourites in the mag are:

Collectors Corner

Memory Lane

Fleet profile

News

Letters

Regards

Rory

i think the memoirs are my favorite, with pics to illustrate the story it's always going to be an interesting read.

wether it's from the magazine or from talking to old hands themselves you get a fascinating insight into how small niggles we get now were major obstacles back in the day & just like some of the tools we have today were because of these old timers making good bad designs.

That's the interest with the tractors , we drive old tractors that are years old , these guys drove them from new.  we now have somethings new quite regularly & we take little notice of newer technology as it's around us all the time , back then just having a cab could be the major moment of your career & then in later years a wireless could be fitted ! bet that was as much as a leap forwards as the notion a belt to keep yer trousers up was just as good as baler twine  ;):D

these are the people & pages that matter the most, & soon enough , these story's & the men that tell them will disappear, & as farm labour gets harder to come by so will the stories . keep them coming Rory  :)

may have to put pen to paper  :D :D

I must admit I always skip to collectors corner first before anything else  ;)

Then I look at Chris McCullogh's stuff for sale in the Ad's..always enjoy that little chuckle  ;)

Then BLUE BLUE BLUE  :-*

Always good to cheer you up!

yeah forgot about down on the farm always a good read to see what every one else beign up to liked it in the early mags when there was pictures in to/also like getting a copy with a special feature in still think re visiting one of the early fleet profiles would make a good one.maybe we could vote for which one or ones you could visit.

I think that it's all good. I don't have a preferred favorite section, I normally just have a page by page look through and then go back to the contents pages and read the articles as they grab me and eventually go through all the articles. 'On the block' is a very good article as it keeps us informed of prices in the 'real' world and to the true worth of farm tractors and machinery and is a good guide. Collectors corner is obviously an important section for the likes of us and informs us of what's to come and a lot of other aspects of our hobby. Farm favorites gives us a good insight into farmers personal preferences in their tractors and how they suit their particular farming practices and if you, like me, read between the lines, can gain a lot of knowledge from others experiences with different makes.

I could go on but like I say, it's all good.

I like the bits that civer Toytrac and Spalding, especially with Leverets Famr in them. It is such a great farm to feature in the magazine what with the era being set for when many 'Classic Tractors' were merely a tool and bought for a job.

Which reminds me, I must contact the builder of Leverets Farm. .

Oh, that'll be me then  :D;);D:-[:-[ :-[:-*

Fleet Profile

Collectors Corner

The bit where semi modern tractors are reviewed with future classic in mind? MF390T etc etc. .