JD 4250/4255

margerisons

Question

I'm wanting to get a JD 4250/4255 made but I don't know what to use for the bonnet or floorplan  :-\

I've talked to Henri Walker and he has Cab and rear mudguards that will do the job

but his resin bonnet is designed for a 4755 or a 4955 are those two big and if so then what would do for a bonnet then?

Also what's a good chassis to base this on?

http://farmmodels.net/august07/galleryone/slides/g5.JPG

18 answers to this question

That was based on the narrow front (trike) JD from ERTL. It was also known as the "Sound Idea" JD.

They are easy enough to find on eBay (most of the time) and I'd suggest not paying more than $10-$15 for one.

Here's a very expensive one on eBay at the moment: [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/1973-JOHN-DEERE-4430-NF-SOUND-GARD-1-32nd-SCALE-MIB_W0QQitemZ180238386632QQihZ008QQcategoryZ2497QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem]1973 JOHN DEERE "4430 NF" SOUND-GARD

069d_1.JPG

not sure mate, mine was going to be a 4240s when i get round to it, but somehow the bonnet doesnt seem big enough

The bonnet is for the 4755/4955 but the kit with the cab is for the 4240 4455 4450 etc  ;)

I can take some pics so you will see the difference  ;)

would the origonal bonnet be right for a 4240s?? then, seems very thin to be honest, certainly thinner than the 3140 chassis??? or will i need to widen it out somehow

It would be perfect for the 4240S mate it is about the same size that the 3140 i send you some pics as well