Marky Woods

Lord Ferguson

Now then... I've spent the last few days in the garage.... as promised... ladder pics...

DSC_6446.jpg

I'm going to get some ali box and tubing to make an aluminum ladder - he is my test piece...

DSC_6445.jpg

Used up all my wood making these spud boxes...

DSC_6444.jpg

and my growing pile of gates for Spalding (and orders)

DSC_6448.jpg

16 there I think... that's 128 joints  :'( :'( :'(

Any feedback welcome... I can take it if you don't like anything  :);)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooo do i see spud boxes mate, love the ladders, got one of these to, along with the gates, and they are well worth getting,no way could i manage that sort of skill in wood

thanks big boy... not sure if you want these spud boxes... they are the 'original pattern' in soild spruce wood mate... and all the other cr@p I found laying around  :D :D - do you want the slatted ones... if so I'll need to get some more wood - as I've used it all in the gates..... a whole bloody bundle as well  :o :o

Thanks for the compliment... but I think you would exceed my achievements with your eyes closed Sean... you are too modest mate  ;):D :D

what machine do you put the cutters in marky a little speical job i think you have steady hand for that precise work fella ;)

thanks Graham.... to be honest.. it's a sinch.... pillar drill (on max)... cross vice - bobs yer uncle, fanny's your Aunt... my pr**ks a bloater and we'll have fish for tea.

You have to go in slow though... I've broken more than one cutter... and £20 a pop  :o - it takes ages to mark them all up as well... 7mm gap between each joint (centres)..

I did the ladders the same way... and used c0cktal sticks for the runners  ;) - anyone could do it really... the hardest part is getting them to fit together... too much pressure and the slats break... not enough and they won't fit together (interference fit and all that)

lovley workmanship there baldy  :P

you sure there your work not the kids or the hired help ::):-*:-* :-*:-*

thanks Stevie... All my own work... honest gov  :o

Hey.. my nose has just grown another 6 inches  :D :D :D:-[

wow Graham out of this world mate truly stunning  :P :P and as for you Marky mate you,ve done a fantastic job on them gates, spud boxes and ladders :P :P :P :P and you've still got all of your fingers  :)

thanks Marky... one, two, three, four... er... ah.... umm.... Mrs F... help me check these  :D :D

Now then... I've spent the last few days in the garage.... as promised... ladder pics...

I was just about to PM you an idea for those ladders rather than post it up for someone to steal the idea but you have me blocked!  :D :D :D :D

Helluva set up you've made there Graham, very smart :)

Marky, your wooden ladders, gates & boxes are looking like fine pieces of craftsmanship to me, you are far too modest :D

P.S. Do you reckon your skills would stretch to doing an old fashioned wooden finger type signpost in 1/32

Helluva set up you've made there Graham, very smart :)

Marky, your wooden ladders, gates & boxes are looking like fine pieces of craftsmanship to me, you are far too modest :D

P.S. Do you reckon your skills would stretch to doing an old fashioned wooden finger type signpost in 1/32

Send me a pic Mark... I'd like a go at it... not sure I know what you mean right now mind you  :-[