Marky Woods

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... no problem there Mark... just one joint... heaven  :D :D - I'll make you my very first one  ;) - will you paint it though  :-[  ???

I'm cr@p at painting  :D :D

Cheers Marky, might be difficult doing the wording that small though :D

Mark I'd be interested in signposts for sure, unpainted for me too. Let me know how you egt on and whether you do any and I'll confirm numbers.

The woodwork you have shown us already is perfecto, reslly really well done mate. Will you be doing an extending alu one too? Be interested in that as well  8) The gates look terrific but I have to say no to them otherwise I won't be building anything on the Leverets expansion myself. ...  even if they are better!!  :o

And Graham. . . that's one busy a$$ place you got going on there mate. Hope the Volvo turns up soon mate. ..  ;)

Thanks chaps.. I've got 'plans' for the scratch building competition... I'll post them up when I've had a bit more of a reccie for parts  ;)

I'll be doing some signs for sure Tris... and I'm quite happy to cut the mortices for you to make your own gates if that helps buddy

Here's tomights attempts... the sign as promised...

DSC_6450.jpg

I've also made one with 4 signs on it... quite simple really to make.... I've painted that white... pics when it's dry - it will need denibbing before it gets another coat... but I'll get it up when it's done  ;)

So you can see the size...

DSC_6453.jpg

Also... someone asked me how I hang my gates... here is a pic of my idea... I am sure there must be a better way mind you...

DSC_6456.jpg

thanks buddeeee.... I've now mastered how to glue the gates without all the glue showing... that's superglue... I'm now using wood glue which dries clear - hence why I have kept that gate for myself.. I get all the cr@p ones  :'( :D :D

You always were good with your hands darling ;)

Those gates look amazing.

I'm in the process of making a special order of a Ford Service Van, but am struggling to find good pictures of Ford Tractors  :-\

:D :D - thanks Mandy...  :-*

There are no GOOD pictures of Ford Tractors... in fact... there are no GOOD Ford tractors  ;);D

looks great marky ;), cant see anything wrong with that method for hanging the gates.

thanks buddy.... they are quite sturdy I know that

Reckon that about as good as you could get for hanging a gate to be honset does it swing or drag the ground  :-\ :-\ :-\

you can get it to swing Si... just bend the hooks a little with pliars.. easy enough to do.. I let mine sag as it swings wildly in the wind  :D :D

Yeah i reckon that would look the business really impressed with your wood working skills  ;) ;) making me think i should start my layout now  :'( :'( :'(

thanks Si... much appreciated mate... well... what are you waiting for.. go on man... get on with it  :D :D :D

I'd love to see a Si layout.. I reckon you are a bit of a dark horse mate... go on... you know you want to