Moving sand

Luke DeWitt

I was not quite sure where this belonged so I too a chance an put them here  :D I was digging through some pictures for CJ and I came across these tractors moving the sand on the beach last year in April while I was on vacation in Virginia Beach. Id rather be there than in New York with all the snow right now  :D  :D

100_0289.jpg

100_0295.jpg

100_0297.jpg

100_0310-1.jpg

100_0306.jpg

They have some signs by the beech and it says something about an erosion project. What they do is take a Cat payloader and push debris from around where the tide was the night before and then these tractors were pulling sand from by the board walk and pulling it forward. The odd thing was that they were leaving this straw like material on the beach that must wash up from the night before. It must be a new technique because 2 years ago there was just sand and now this past year they are leaving this straw material that washes up.