roadless 75

batcher

well from here it looks like a ribbed block which still wasn't evolved on a tractor of that age (mid 70s)

I will double check that next time i get over that way. I used too use a 98 on a forager back in the mid 80s and seem to remember that it had three steps into the cab and had a longer pre cleaner. Intresting drive on banks the  4wd lever kept popping out

also the cab is the later Duncan type with enclosed rear and sliding side windows and also the tractor appears to have a dry air-cleaner, the old 75s had an oil-bath.....if I were a betting man (and I'm not) I'd put it as a '76 or '77 98

That's a lovely looking tractor that I would be proud and delighted to own, but...........................no doubt Nigel Ford will confirm my suspicions. I'm pretty sure that is a 115 / 118 front axle. The cab is a soundproofed late version sold in the late seventies or early eighties as a retrofit 'Q' cab. I think you can just about see the rubber soundproofing cover fitted to the instrument / fuel tank cowl. The front cowling , I'm not too sure about but it looks suspiciously like a 7000 air pre filter on it. The engine is a 10 series replacement manufactured after 1981 when the ribbed block was introduced, and stranger still, if you look closely at the injector pump; it appears to be a rotary CAV which as I remember were only fitted to the 72 hp 5610.

Still.......who gives a monkeys really.........it's still a great tractor.  ;):)

There were a few 5000s actually fitted with rotary pumps......also late model 6610 w/ super 'Q' cabs had them, but I believe they were DPS......they were prone to surging, but an upgrade cured any causing trouble

In '77 they went over to the Lambourne cabs with flat floors, that was the 78, 98 etc. 'j' series, then a few cosmetic changes to the cab and it became the 'k' series.