New tyres for Britains rotorspreader

CMB

Question

I'm looking for larger grooved tyres for a Britains rotorspreader. I tried to combine Ford 5610/tw20 centres with 90-90 fronts, which worked, but wobble when fitted to the spreader. Ideally the centre holes would be the same diameter as the original impliment centres.

Size-wise, slightly smaller than the Fiat's, but perhaps larger & wider than Unimog/vintage spreader would look like those I used to see on Marshall spreaders. 

MF 362 rears look about right but are they smaller than 90-90 fronts?

I'm new to conversions so don't know all of what fits what, maybe siku tyres would be a better bet?

21 answers to this question

What about these?

http://www.threeoaksfarmmodels.co.uk/spare_parts.html

SIKU Wheels by the pair - please state colour   

Pack 1 D25mm W10mm - Gray, Red   Â£1.80 1/32

http://www.farmmodels.co.uk/spare-parts-farmmodels.html

Jez, FM and Towse look like a good source. Ribbed tractor tyres is what i''m after though, so I might take another look at that Fraser conversion of yours!

Also, something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320323610341&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

Thanks for the ideas :)

those wheels on that look like the ones you can get from cheap tractors sets :-\ :-\, Woolies used to sell them, not sure who does now, i think Toys r Us does?? :-\

Near enough, I think he got them from a friction car set. Looked to me at first glance like 362 tyres, but on closer inspection they lacked the detailing.The size and shape are just about right tho.

not the right tread i know, but what about the wheels of the siku lemken gigantic?? seen them fitted to a few before, sure somebodys got a pic of them ,if not i think i have a set in the shed, they use more or less the same rod for the axel as the britains ones, so should allow the reel to spin when its driven

not the right tread i know, but what about the wheels of the siku lemken gigantic?? seen them fitted to a few before, sure somebodys got a pic of them ,if not i think i have a set in the shed, they use more or less the same rod for the axel as the britains ones, so should allow the reel to spin when its driven

Mechanism not vital here as I'm messing with a powerfarm driven one

I reckon Lemken Gigant would be too big Sean I think they are the same as Bergmann spreader wheels :-\

To my mind the best ones are like on my Fraser off the small Siku slurry tanker or the front of the Ford 5635 or MF 4270

I reckon Lemken Gigant would be too big Sean I think they are the same as Bergmann spreader wheels :-\

To my mind the best ones are like on my Fraser off the small Siku slurry tanker or the front of the Ford 5635 or MF 4270

Agree with you there, that Fraser version is superb. I'll see if the MF 362/ little Ford tyres fit, but Siku looks the best bet so far.