The best sounding tractor?

Light Land

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all this  ;D I think the sound of a machine has a big effect on the atmosphere of a task... my favourites then...in no particular order...

Ford 7810, that old Ford 6 pot just sounded so pure...

TS115 with a turbo, was a nice progression from the 7810 and had a lovely whistle... and the SL cab still allowed you to hear and feel it..

Field Marshall - I just love the pom pom... it's such a unique sound..

IH 1455 is a big version of the 7810, a good raw roar... big presence...

Fordson Dexta 3 cyl, a very unusual engine note that suits haybobbing really well  ;)

Quite like the 6000 / 6010 series 6 cyl Deeres, very different to most other things when launched and quite a smooth almost automotive note..

In a similar vein to the Deere, I have a bit of a thing for the Perkins motors fitted to 3000 Masseys, both 4 and 6 cyl... the turbos really whistle through the 4 cyls and the 6's sound as strong as but a bit more refined than the 7810 Ford....

Last but not least, have to agree with Gav, the MWM lump in 54 series 6 pot Renaults sounded gorgeous... quite a muted exhaust note unless working hard but had a lovely background noise....