TYRES WHICH DO U USE?

MODELFARMER

most of my users use pirrelli they find them fare better than the michelin same low ground preesure performance but better grip as pirrelli are the onlt ones that the tread is the full width ie if the size is 650\65r38 the tread width is 650mm were as our makes are only say 610mm and there SIDEWAL TO SIDEWALL messures 650 not tread on ground were its needed if you understand

pirrelli are cheaper and there aftermarket support is fare better than michelin

We're trying out Firestone's on my Renault at the minute, so far i'm impressed with the grip i can get with them. We don't like to pay alot for tyres because the sandy/stoney soil about the farm cuts them to pieces in under 2 years as a rule. Tryed Kleber in the past and was lesss than impressed when they started to slip on the rims at under a year old and the rep was as much help to us as a chocolate teapot!! too many unfulfilled promises from him! And as he's the same rep that supports Michelin in our area it didn't fill us with confidence really

Erm we have Good years on the larger tractor and then dont need to be let down as it doesnt do alot of topwork so we dont change the pressures much. On the drilling and topwork tractor we have michlein which i cant fault amazing grip and flotation the best tyres on the farm we were gonna change the larger tractor over to them but as its being sold etc we not but all the other farmers in this area use a majority of michilen, goodyear and pirelli

just be carefull with goodyears on high horse tractors they have big big problems with bead wire unwinding and streching if you see a gap between the rim and dirt gaurd on the tyres more than 1\8 inche its starting or blebs about 3 inches up from the dirt gaurd

goodyear blame the rims but its not replace the tyres with any other it will never happen again

firestone tend to crack inside like kleber used to do so u will have plenty of gaiters inside after a few years

yes michelin and kleber are the same  but our michelin rep always says replace with kleber ( rim slip a big problem not so noticabe now tubeless but when tubed a big problem )

wot i always do when fitting kleber tubetype is to stick tube patches about every 18 inches on the bead

just be carefull when ordering new tractors on none standard tyres as all tyre manifacters EXCEPT PIRRILLI have put horse power restiction on tyres

speak to your area rep as if you have a problem on new tractors speced wrong they will walk away

my dads got a 8400 j\deere on 20.8r42 needing new tyres although its 2 years old only pirrelli would stand by 20.8r42 every one else said 710\70r38 (rim change) or 650\65r42 (more expensive)

My Renault 836 was on 20.8r42 and 16.9r30 good years when we first got it. At 800 hrs the rear tyres were cut to pieces as we've found good year too soft on our soils. We then replaced the rear ones with Kleber the same size and they only lasted about a year before they started to slip on the rims. we've now upgraded them to a set of Firestone 620/70r42 and 480/70r30 and the extra grip we are getting is quite significant over the old ones. They also help it to stay on top a bit better when fertilizer spreading and rolling. We've only budgeted the tyre life to be 2 years on our harsh soils so they probably won't be on long enough for age related cracking to show up. We did want Pirelli but there were none available in this size anywhere in europe at the time and the french were on their summer break ?>:(

Think the reps name was Andy Balfour

Got Kleber 20.8/480 s on Renault and they seem v good so far - have full 21" width tread as mentioned above.

Good Year 580/480s  on Ford 8360 are OK but I'm sure the bloomin things aren't circular and give a wobble on the road!

Having said that Good Years on MF 3065 are original after 17 years and 6500hrs!

wots on 3065 18.4 16.9 or 13.6 r 38 ?

not really a high horse tractor

i class 180 + as high horse

16.9  34s

Not high horse (although it's supposed to be 85, puts out 100 at PTO - not tweaked) but the most useful tractor on the place.

When I bought it we had a 3085 as the 'big' tractor so things have moved a lot HP wise  :)

I can't add a poll to this topic, but I could start a new one for you Ricky. If I miss any manufacturers out let me know...... ;) ;)

post a list of them up here first, if you miss any we'll soon let you know ?;)