Dave T's Moffett for Old Ford......

not numpty dodging are you Marky ? :D :D :D

chap near Frome has got one of those ,he's also got a slurry tanker with a bloody great dent in it as well ,as the loader wasn't high enough when he drove through a deep hollow in his field & forgot all about the loader ?:-\ BANG :D :D :D :D ::) ::)::)

not numpty dodging are you Marky ? :D :D :D

chap near Frome has got one of those ,he's also got a slurry tanker with a bloody great dent in it as well ,as the loader wasn't high enough when he drove through a deep hollow in his field & forgot all about the loader ?:-\ BANG :D :D :D :D ::) ::)::)

I thought you could'nt get one if you put in a disclaimer first  ;) - Seems a funny tractor to me that one - Can't think of that many uses for it compared to.. say a loader/telehandler or something like that.

Thanks for the pics Martin - That's a rare one !!!! - I for one never even knew of its existance.? What was its main use around the farm (aprat from what it's doing in the picture BEFORE the numpty spotters get me)

I have a bit of a soft spot for Moffetts. You'll be interested in this if you aren't bored by the time I've finished typing  :D;).

Moffetts made these tractors by taking a basic skid unit, in this case a Ford/New Holland 40 Series (usually 77 or 7840) and adding a loader to the rear. The tractor was then enabled to be driven forward or backward like a Bi-Directional Versatile tractor. The tractor's linkage can also be used to tow implements with the loader attached, however the loader can be detached from the tractor body and left on a stand leaving you with a normal tractor for ploughing etc.

Now for the bit which may interest you most Mark - Moffett also made some of their reverse drive tractors using a Massey Ferguson 390/390T skid unit. I have posted some pics of this model before, I will look the topic out for ye shortly. The farmer who used to own this Ford, replaced his Massey Moffett with the Ford one shown above and then replaced this with a Volvo Wheel Loader and currently operates the Volvo Loader and a CAT IT12B J Reg Loader...... ;) ;)

Hope That helped.

I'll post a link to the Massey Topic Shortly  :) :)

Mark you should also check out martins renault moffet ,unfortunately it never left the technical design demonstrator stage :)

you knows i'm only pulling yer leg NH2 ;):) :)

I though it was good for a first attempt...... :-\ :D;). I ken yer only kiddin' mjb...... ;) ;) ;)

Here's the link for the Moffett Topic Mark, the Massey pics are on Page 2 and my Renault convo is on Page 3 or 4...... :);) ;)

http://www.britains-tractors.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1071.15

thanks for that nh2 very interesting ,can the driver turn the seat round or have? to look over his shoulder when using the loader.

Glad to help Old Ford......the driver can indeed turn the console and seat around when operating the loader. As far as I remember the loader is operated by a series of rocker pedals located on the floor beneath the rear window......