Hydraulic Top-links?

FW

As above, anyone ever used one? Are they any good? Reason I ask is because a few of our now cultivated fields are quite hilly, so on basic operations such as ploughing I am always having to get out and adjust. Am I being lazy or would it be money well spent? ???

Cheaper to buy a horse to pull the plough!!  :D

Only ever used one on the front buckrake, if your going to use one for ploughing you want some sort of scale on the top of it that you can see looking out theback window. Otherwise you'll never know where you want it to move to or back to. .

As above, anyone ever used one? Are they any good? Reason I ask is because a few of our now cultivated fields are quite hilly, so on basic operations such as ploughing I am always having to get out and adjust. Am I being lazy or would it be money well spent? ???

Make a bigger slot in the headstock of the plough ha ha

I used to plough some really hilly ground without a hydraulic top link, never had to make any adjustments or had any problems with it. Sounds more like a draft control issue than top link to me :-\

Hydraulic top-links are ok but I would not use one for ploughing on such undulating ground if you wanted to get the field back to level as using one of these would defeat the objective. If you set your plough correctly and plough at the right depth the draft control should do the rest. Plough slightly deeper on the higher points of the field and shallower on the lower and then when working down the ground you will move the deeper earth into the shallower parts thus leveling the ground.

I used to plough some really hilly ground without a hydraulic top link, never had to make any adjustments or had any problems with it. Sounds more like a draft control issue than top link to me :-\

I didn't see myself typing such a practical answer  :D

i had a landini whit one on subsoiling when i was at brewers they are good i thought most had a gide on the side of them but at shore the on i had did the one thing i found on the subsoiler was that if it hit heavy ground it some times move the top link to ride over it but it might have been me not useing it right