westpoint april 5th (never mind that little show spaldings )ha ha

nathan

so whos going then instead of spaldings, westcountry farm models and farmer ED will be there.i will have as much new stuff as possible and if anyone coming want to pre order stuff to pick up let us no,

I will be there Nathan as Spalding does'nt really float my boat at this time as it's rather a long treck and I've already over spent this year. If you've got any Britain's parts and spares bring it all as there are a lot of people looking for parts.

theres all sorts in these boxes camera has broken so ive ordered a new one so i cant post anything up.

theres a norscot cat combine that has had the base taken off and put on a norscot claas combine and the base has been put on the cat one. britains MX135/110 bits, a 1135 fastrac which has been made in to a six wheeled one with a superspray on the back to name but a few sean

I will be there Nathan as Spalding does'nt really float my boat at this time as it's rather a long treck and I've already over spent this year. If you've got any Britain's parts and spares bring it all as there are a lot of people looking for parts.

what spares are people after tim is it mostly MF135/mf595/ford 5000/6600 and things like that you think

what spares are people after tim is it mostly MF135/mf595/ford 5000/6600 and things like that you think

These are exactly the sort of things Nathan. I myself and a few mates have a load of the 1960's, 70's and 80's Britains stuff that all need parts for either rebuilding or converting and it would be nice to be able to find parts to do it as they have all seemed to dry up and dissapear. Cabs and mudguard/floorpans seem to be the most difficult to find and the new ones being produced just don't cut the mustard.

These are exactly the sort of things Nathan. I myself and a few mates have a load of the 1960's, 70's and 80's Britains stuff that all need parts for either rebuilding or converting and it would be nice to be able to find parts to do it as they have all seemed to dry up and dissapear. Cabs and mudguard/floorpans seem to be the most difficult to find and the new ones being produced just don't cut the mustard.

so not repo parts then.as i thinking of stocking exhausts/grills/decals etc.

See you there Nathan........and I'll have root around in the spare box as well.  Remind me to tell you about the Kuhn ploughs in the dealer box.  Masons were real rip off merchants with their quote..............

See you there Nathan........and I'll have root around in the spare box as well.  Remind me to tell you about the Kuhn ploughs in the dealer box.  Masons were real rip off merchants with their quote..............

i tried masons for the kuhn and the wiking john deere they wanted £32 +vat  :o

so thats me ,tim and peter going 8)

Nathan.

Stocking the likes of grilles, decals, exhausts etc is good as these tend to be of a good quality nowadays and not easy to get down here. Mind you, that doesn't mean to say that any replacement parts are not any good as yet again, hard to find down here and since Brian Holmes stopped coming a few years ago he has left a big gap in this market so I'd say that if you were thinking of going into the spare parts side you would do very well indeed especially if you could supply them a reasonable prices, you know how tight we are in the SW.  ;)

Nathan.

Stocking the likes of grilles, decals, exhausts etc is good as these tend to be of a good quality nowadays and not easy to get down here. Mind you, that doesn't mean to say that any replacement parts are not any good as yet again, hard to find down here and since Brian Holmes stopped coming a few years ago he has left a big gap in this market so I'd say that if you were thinking of going into the spare parts side you would do very well indeed especially if you could supply them a reasonable prices, you know how tight we are in the SW.  ;)

best look in to this a bit sooner then planned then.

i will post  what new stuff i have a bit nearer to time ok lads

• 3 weeks later...

just a update

i will be bringing a few spares as i haven't had time to sort out lots of them, will be things like mf 135 exhausts,mf595 bits ,ford 5610/ tw bits ,mf 2680/3680 parts to name but a few plus the scrap trys as well, not much new is out at the moment so their will be UH ,britains, siku, wiking stuff and all depends what deliverys i have this week as well. cheers nathan

That sounds just the job Nathan. Looking forward to having a good rummage already.  ;)

thats the best bit being a dealer you get to have a rummage in everyones elses boxes before the doors open  ;D ;D

well it wasn't that busy there, were a few empty tables too. would say the credit crunch is hitting now. mostly it was parts that sold , nice to see a few FTF members plus to meet paulali as well, lets hope the next one will be a bit better on august 23th.

There were several empty tables and if you happened to be beside one or two or could re-arange a little, they were offered to the stall holder foc to spread out a bit more and those that did were very happy with that. The concensus was that with the good weather and being the school Easter holiday and the Grand Prix being on that a lot of people stayed away, coupled with the 'credit crunch' as well. A lot of people I knew who were there as buyers were saying that a lot of the dealers were still trying to charge too much for this part of the country and still have not learnt that people here have not got the disposable cash. Saying all this though, there were some good deals to be done and there were some bargains early on. On the other hand and going back to prices, I myself would not be prepared to pay £20 for a Britain's un-boxed MF6290 with no cab and a broken mudguard. These are the dealers that moan and complain that no-one spends anything. A very good toy fair though as usual and seems a lot more casual and freindly with a very pleasant atmosphere under its new 'management' with a far greater presence of farm related stuff every time.

You could see the same at Spalding in places... I looked at a boxed TM on one stand which was marked up at 20 something quid.... I looked in the box and it had been fitted to a MX chassis and the cab was off it... I asked how much for the broken one and the trader told me it wasn't broken :o I said no, look.... he said it's a conversion.... er ??? The glazing was missing and the front cab pillars had been broken off.... yes, it's an open platform version... ::) OK, but 20 quid... ??? There were MIB ones for that ::) Barry thought I should try to haggle with him on some others by telling him they were broken too ::)... he must have thought I was a right tw*t! :D :D