Muck Spreaders

Kiwi6920

Ok guys looking at the idea of buying a spreader, around 12 ton cap,

Only ones i have seen over here a Rolland, K Two duo, and a local built one, The k2 is the leader from what i have seen

What are the rest like, What do you recomend?

What hp do you need for your recomended spreader

Cheers Nick

Well mate, I spent two zears using a Rolland. One with Vertical beaters and one with Horizontal and Discs.

The second would spread 24 m pretty evenly across the width.

If I was buyinf one I would go for this.... not sure about back up etc.....

Failing that, Samson all the way!!!!

We've just got a new 12tonne bunnings lowlander Mk4 got delivered last week they are built strong, so wont matter if you hit it with the teleporter unlike the others which are spit through steel. we had a bunnings highlander before and these were good for chicken muck but takes longer to spread the heavy pig muck.

i havent much experience with muck spreaders but our contractors bunning lowlander 110 we had spreading our dung seemed good spread the dung nice and even over the ground and was well built but the driver said they were at it the beaters for hours the day before when a piece of a guys concrete slab from the shed floor had got taken out with the muchk and got wedged in between the beaters ands that twines and net were an awful problem but they had all our straw spread in about 5hrs going hard at it and only spreading in the field next to the silag slab we had the dung in and there as a good lot of loads in it so theyre fairly good spreader once the dung is realitively clear of twines blocks etc

never had anything that big, but was always told by the uncles that rollands are the top of the range so to speak for anything trailer or spreader wise, how true that is i dont know, but they are more expensive than most, local contractor down here now runs about 7 of them and theres a lot more coming in via the dock down here to

Contractor near me has one of these, no problems with it  :)

http://www.shelbourne.com/livestock/powerspread

ye seen those at coll  ;) good spreaders but i would go for a k2 from what ive used we had the 12t version  behind the tl90 and she was pulling loads level with the top of the sides of moist chicken muck no probs  ;) only thing was the tl90 was on tip toes at the front  ;):) she had a nice clean even spread and wasnt power hungry ither  :)

In all honesty Nick as per my text, you will be pushed to beat a Richard Western. They offer a great spreader range at some very competitive prices. Nothing fancey, easy to work on and deliver a nice spread pattern across the field. Rolland, Tebbe, Samson etc. ..  all great spreaders and arguably better too but they carry a premium.

The Tebbe I have used both trailed and Terra-Gator spread very very well with bio-solids if it is dry. These are horizontal beaters over discs. If it's wet they can leave lumps where the muck clogs up behind the two discs and then falls out when it can, not a problem for cattle muck I shouldn't think but either way it's not what it's supposed to do.

As for the Bunnings 14t Lowlander, superb. Better than both of the above and many tanker spreaders I have used aswell. Though built specifically for bio solids, the ones we used were almost faultless. Mine didn't have a glitch at all, two others rattled the beaters loose due to being unbalanced as per the request of our buyer not a fault of Bunnings. The other one, sister to mine was as food as mine. The beaters are slightly closer together on a bio-solid spec machine to offer more chopping of the product as it leaves the spreader. The patter it leaves can be no more perfect thatn this, wet or dry. When I spread on my own you couldn't even see where the machine had travelled it matched up that well. The beaters carry four paddles each on the bottom, then a series of angle and solid bar flickers as you go up the beater shaft. The nuts do require tightening weekly on heavy usage (bare in mind we were pushing thought 3-400t/spreader/day. .. ). But this falls in to how you run machinery at the end of the day, look after it and it looks after you  :)

• 1 month later...