Barry's John Deere 7710 ------- now a 6910s!!!!

Next JD to do......a John Deere 7710  :)

fotos-256.jpg

First off, parts to make her

Plastic Ertl 7410 bonnet, Metal Ertl 6410 Cab & floor plan, Deutz TTV rear wheels, Deutz K100 Front axle

A.jpg

The window frame on the cab arches out to much for me, so i cut it off and made my own

B.jpg

I found this better to butt the bonnet up too

C.jpg

Gave the interior a lick of paint to make it moe realistic

D.jpg

Painted the wheels and stuck the bonnet and cab together, also cut off the front weights

E.jpg

Then, fill some holes in where the two join for the steps to go onto

F.jpg

Made some steps with brass

G.jpg

Then i thought i'd have a go at making a rear linkage  :o first a piece of brass for all the bit to stick too

H.jpg

Made all the parts from plastic and aluminium tube, plastic card and pins

I.jpg

PTO shaft is a piece of small allen key!

J.jpg

Offer it up to the rear end to see how it looks

K.jpg

Only a few other additions to do, obviously some 7710 decals, maybe some warning decals here and there, i might try and put some glazing in, but very difficult without being able to take the cab off, i think the one my Dad had, had rear linkage buttons on the rear fenders so may put one on, a beacon so she can go on the road and a CB!!!

Holy mother of ***"^*&&T£B! :o Talented little bugger on the quiet aren't you! :o;D

Brilliant mate, that's really impressive :o

And nice use of your flexible friend ;):D

Give me more details on how you made your lights, I really struggle with them, mine look like a car crash :-[::)

Holy mother of ***"^*&&T£B! :o Talented little bugger on the quiet aren't you! :o;D

Brilliant mate, that's really impressive :o

And nice use of your flexible friend ;):D

Give me more details on how you made your lights, I really struggle with them, mine look like a car crash :-[::)

There are some things money can't buy, for eveything else there's Mastercard, Priceless!!!!!

Well the spot lights are just cut off a UH Deutz TTV, the other bits are plastic and brass made to look something like the real thing then painted with orange for the indicator and silver for the headlights.

Ive run out of TTV's to cut up and use the spot lights so will have to think of somthing else  :-[ or buy more TTV's!

Think you can get them from PMA now, might have to buy some stuff from there  ???

looks great, I really like the detail on the interior.  ;):)

Cheers Luke

looks superb ;) ;)

Thank you

Wow Barry just stunning,you made a hit once again mate  :o:)

A+++to that rear linkage  ;)

Cheers Bas, about 10 hours in total!!!!!  Very slow i know  :D

Next to a JD 7530

The 7530 and 7010 series have the same rear iron cross.

Looking great, liking the fact that it is totally scratch built. Hope you did not leave any details on the card!!  :D :D

The 7530 and 7010 series have the same rear iron cross.

Looking great, liking the fact that it is totally scratch built. Hope you did not leave any details on the card!!  :D :D

Yes, 6930!!!!  :-[  :D  I'm confussed after all the talk as to what it should/shouldn't be!

No details left on the card, cut those bits up and threw away before using the "flat" parts of the credit cards  ;D

Whats a rear iron cross  ???

Yes, 6930!!!!  :-[  :D  I'm confussed after all the talk as to what it should/shouldn't be!

No details left on the card, cut those bits up and threw away before using the "flat" parts of the credit cards  ;D

Whats a rear iron cross  ???

It is the rear axle, transmission and hitch.... it looks like a cross.  ;)

It is the rear axle, transmission and hitch.... it looks like a cross.  ;)

the 6930 /7530 saga the 7530 base weight is a heavier tractor than the 6930 for a start by a good margin and base tyre sizes are way different. as for looks thats a matter of opinion . the real tractors are much more than a mere decal change.

That is stupendous!! Looks every part the classic that the real one is. Totally and completely love it. A great 'how to' guide aswell.

I would like to thank you for using wafer wieghts too. ;) Front linkages are just too common.

That is stupendous!! Looks every part the classic that the real one is. Totally and completely love it. A great 'how to' guide aswell.

I would like to thank you for using wafer wieghts too. ;) Front linkages are just too common.

Cheers Tris

Thats what i thought too, plus my Dads have weights like this :) 

Great job you've made of a fantastic looking tractor, very impressive work Barry. :)

Regards

David.

Thankyou David

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...