1/16 Farm Shed (work in progress)

B A Baracus

I thought id post this up as its my first "build". Ive seen some of the models on here so im sure there are plenty of suggestions for me (be gentle!!)

21032009151.jpg

22032009154.jpg

I still havent worked out what to use for the corrugated roof, does card look ok when its finished?

ACE! Get some highlights in there and I reckon you're about there.... have you thought about running over it with a foam sanding block to take the coarseness and uniformity off it a bit...? Might work :-\ ::):D

Bit more work to this

I didnt want a level surface as im adding gravel so I got a box of pollyfilla out and started "plastering"

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

I couldnt make up my mind to do the roof green or red so took a spin out in the car and most of the sheds round me have a red roof. So I started painting the steelwork green

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

Nicely done indeed. Don't forget the garden dirt (careful if you have cats!!  :D ) rubbed into the Polyfilla. This is going to make a nice diorama for these tractors.

The gate looks a bit narrow . ... I take it the tractors do fit thfough?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I mix the ballast with PVA and water. Gets a bit messy but it gave a good effect, pressing it down with your fingers leaves it a little uneven too as if trafficed. Grass if its the scatter you need to either do the same with more water, or to get some depth, smear PVA around unevenly and then sprinkle the scatter on top. When set (in both cases) tip of excess and spray with water/pva mix through a Windowlene type bottle to seal it.

Hope this is of some help to you :)