My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

although my time is now very limited with work commitments in Scotland im still up to my eyes in models..every evening in Scotland and saturday and sunday at home,never stops does it

when its for myself yes,still hate building and see,ing them go though.....id love to be keeping these 3x big deeres.........but im still getting good builds for myself so not that bad..............

lots of going on i see, great projects. very curious about the david brown you are making right now.

also that David Brown forager will be a treat for the eyes i would reccon, wrong brand for me, but knowing your skills, especially when it are foragers concerned, these will be gems!

ive a nice heavily modified britains ih 1056xl just awaiting decals at the minute too,itll join my 956....the models are now coming thick and fast from the manufacturers and we are all getting what we want,problem is though i havent enough time to modify them to my taste fast enough............

good one Brian... from some of the manufacturers, there is always room for improvement, and with everything coming out at once, it is time to be picky. I now rather have a good scratchbuilt then any of the standard releases!

but you do keep your purchases limited to a few brands right?

i try to keep my own to mf and fendt but not easy resisting the odd classic of any colour,but i prefer to concentrate on scratchbuilds than conversions.....its been nearly all john deere of late due to a large order from a jd enthuiast but therell be lots along soon in different colours

im quite looking forward myself to the 1056 completion...im just awaiting the decals at the minute and then it can be built up and finished,it,ll soon be joined by a db1690 conversion but im just not sure yet what exactly itll be converted to yet.....that will probably be enough ih/ case ih tractors for me then,unless a 885xl is ever made.....and when uh release the mf2640 no doubt therell be further conversions done there too,not to mention the 390 and 690 which im very much looking forward to

cast it yourself brian?? and sell them as kits?? i certainly wouyld go that way, earn from your efforts

sorry for not answering man.its not my thing to get into producing more than a very limited few of each item,i like the uniqueness of a limited few hand built models and then move on,my times so limited that i enjoy the challenge of new fresh projects,i work in Scotland mon to fri and model build every night,the other 6 lads are fascinated watching the progress but admit they wouldnt be bothered,so now my goal is 4 or 5 new projects every month,1 or 2 for myself and a few to sell,im happy with that

• 1 month later...

work is now taking shape at the big deeres........some still have lights to be fitted amd indicators and all still have to be fiited with air breathers and various other little things....these have been seriously time consuming,the small individual parts needed just goes on and on

post-1667-0-57537300-1338148759_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-90816900-1338148891_thumb.jp

work has been progressing on the above jd,s and more pics soon as work nears completion,they are a very time consuming conversion and require lots of parts to be rounded up....work is also progressing on 4 x david brown hurricane foragers from the late 50,s..id like to get these finished before moving on to new projects which details of will follow soon..work must also commence soon on 3 x 4 cylinder jd,s,1 of which is for myself......work is also ongoing at a very special john deere project never replicated before and this will be debuted at moira show 2012....im also into a major conversion job on my grimme gt 170,its had a pick off table made and a steering axle,windrow kit,new webbing and various other things done to it,and a front mounted topper to complete it......

Archived