My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is another lenghty model   the brochure cover for the 3640 john deere.     Some parts were very heavily modified and other parts were scratchbuilt for this one..

post-1667-0-48054600-1369866052_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-89436400-1369866104_thumb.jp

What a lovely idea to build a set up as seen in a brochure. It looks very much like the real thing! Well done.

The Grimme potato harvester and topper are also perfect. Very well done! Isn't the 75-2 topper to small for a 72 inch bed? as the topper is made for two 30 inch beds.

post-755-0-63302100-1370547967_thumb.jpg

the ksa75-2 works 2 rows of between 75 and 90cm. so to my understanding it suits well to go in front of the gt170 as for seed potatoes the 75-90cm beds are normal...when ive my diarama completed i had intended for it to be topping the 2 rows the harvester would be lifting

these were extremely time consuming and very frustrating to make... All parts were made and just the webbing and wheels bought... I have one of these left for sale and certainly would never do anymore DSCF1347_zps7bbb791a.jpgDSCF1348_zps81967bb5.jpg

well the most rewarding part is that one is for myself. Its true that my builds are now becoming trickier due to the requests i get weekly, i do often question if im wise or not taking on such projects but when its something i fancy having one off myself it certainly means a lot.. I do get immense satisfaction out of projects like this but the dark side is that these 5 models have literally tied up all my spare time for weeks now and its been 1 and 2 in the morning before im getting to bed and then up for work the next day, it does eventually take its toll and projects like this demand a lot of working out and dealing with problem after probnlem.... it took 20 hours after painting to assemble each of these models aloneDSCF1348_zps81967bb5.jpg

this has i think been my most challenging project to date. it began with a trip to see and measure the real machine and then the fun began...I have however found now that its better to do projects not as big as this as the time tied up in them is immense and leaves little time for anything else and its not DSCF1392_zps364ea9f1.jpggood living like that either.....but i had fancied one of these in model form for some time now....

the cw has the rotapower rotor 1st, then 2 rows of stars, then the 1st web, then another single star and then the 2nd big main web, the top scrubber web that is fitted to my 5 models is an option from grimme but said to be excellent for dealing with trash. DSCF1388_zpscb66ea25.jpg

Archived