Duncan Cabs

jsedelweiss

Question

10 answers to this question

I asked this when buying some and was told that they were fuel tanks!

some duncan quiet safety cabs fitted to roadless tractors did have thin auxiliary fuel tanks built into the mudguards for extra fuel capacity. are they same shape and size as muguard/side of cab ??? if yes thats what they are suppose to be!. technically the quiet version of duncan cab had dashboard bulkhead covering the tractors dashboard and had rear enclosure behind seat like ford 7000 and opening window above. these cabs depict basic /standard duncan safety cabs so puzzled why sent out with auxiliary fuel tanks.

This white metal Duncan cab is not the easiest of things to fit. They are meant for the Britain's original Ford 5000 and 6600 but in order to get the front of it to fit it has to be sort of slid on the tractor from the rear before re-fitting the original mudguards and the wheels. There is another problem in this and that is the steering wheel, you have to go up and over the steering wheel and its not easy. The square bridge peice of metal is supposed to be a floor pan but how you incorporate this is beyond my comprehension and has no practical use unless you are building a tractor from scratch to fit the cab. In my opinion, not a very well thought out cab to fit and I would rate it as 3 out of 10. It is ok to use as a pattern.

That Duncan cab was designed and built for a Roadless 120 tractor, hence auxiliary fuel tanks in the wings and flat floor. The fuel caps come out the side above the flat topped mudgaurds, which are not shown in the photo. Anyone fitting the cab to another model will not be covered by ROPS and FOPS tests if anything was to go wrong. Fitting this cab to any other model that that it was tested for would be frowned upon by the HSE and should be avoided. Duncan made cabs for fitting to other tractors and they were built to fit each particular model.

That Duncan cab was designed and built for a Roadless 120 tractor, hence auxiliary fuel tanks in the wings and flat floor. The fuel caps come out the side above the flat topped mudgaurds, which are not shown in the photo. Anyone fitting the cab to another model will not be covered by ROPS and FOPS tests if anything was to go wrong. Fitting this cab to any other model that that it was tested for would be frowned upon by the HSE and should be avoided. Duncan made cabs for fitting to other tractors and they were built to fit each particular model.

on farm i grwe up on they had pair of roadless 120 tractors fitted with them.

put your floor on then the side pieces go on the inside (fill only fit one way) up tight to the floor pan, then the back window sits on the top, you will need to file a bit away from the recess where the window fits and also where the cab fits next to the gear box, both sides by lower front windows ;)