Simon's Renault 106-54 TL for Colin - Finished!

Simon

Well it's finally ready to be shipped over the water...

Total hours to build..... god only knows..... :-[

Am I happy with it..... I think so, it's not perfect but then I'm not a factory full of Chinese people.... ::)

Will I be sad to see it go.... hell yes! :'(

Here she is, outside in the sunshine.....

P4180383.jpg

P4180387.jpg

P4180388.jpg

P4180390.jpg

P4180393.jpg

P4180395.jpg

Thanks lads :) I've tried my hardest! :-[;D

Would have been nice if UH had done a 106, it was a popular machine for Renault and I have a real soft spot for them.... if they did I'd have a shelf full of Fords by now too ;):D :D

Cheers Col, she'll be in your cabinet before long mate ;D

Thanks Cerin, I did replace all the glazing, right pain in the ar*e to do but persevered.... managed to avoid fogging it this time by following Dave's advice and tacking it with the smallest amount of cyano on the open windows and beading everything with that Revel glue..... seems to have done the trick.... I've still got a lot to learn but I'm pretty happy with the way it's turned out.... looks far better in the flesh than the photos ;):)

Looks really well, especially in her natural environment.  :)

Any reason for that reg.plate? I can almost imagine I've seen that locally.  :)

Cheers John.... that's the reg on Colin's tractor... it looks awful familliar to me too though... from what Col says it was leaving for Ireland around the time I was at Renault...  :-\

looks great simon nice to see her out,paul

Thanks Paul

:o thats the best renault ive seen superb build their simon ;)

Thanks Bren, it's taken an awful lot of hard work for one as naturally inept as I but we have got there in the end... I was sort of hoping Col would turn round and tell me it was s**t and that he didn't want it... alas, he didn't :'( :D :D

I would not say no to one of them , :P :P :P you've done a fantastic job on her Simon.

Thanks Mark, I'll give you as much advice as you want, just don't ask me to build another one :-[;):D :D :D

Thanks Bren, it's taken an awful lot of hard work for one as naturally inept as I but we have got there in the end... I was sort of hoping Col would turn round and tell me it was s**t and that he didn't want it... alas, he didn't :'( :D :D

Thanks Mark, I'll give you as much advice as you want, just don't ask me to build another one :-[;):D :D :D

oh drat was going to ask for your address, best un pack the old britains renault i've just boxed up. :D :D :D :D :'( :'( :'( ::)

Thanks Mark.... I have no idea why they aren't using this hitch either... ??? This particular vintage looks good and works better than any other- including Siku & UH - I'm totally baffled to be honest... ::)

• 3 weeks later...