My week

Pingu

Nah we just use 10cm accuracy so standard satalite signal Ol  :) well he has 2000 acres spread between wheat, rape and barley mainly as break crops for onions and potatoes :D

I didnt think so either but he seems to do extremly well from them

But think these pictures do the talking started in engine bay somewhere but thank god that problem is dealt with was a bag of tat an embarresment to the name Claas

last one is the good side...

post-132-132639148798_thumb.jpg

post-132-132639148824_thumb.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a pitty a lexion 600 to the scrap. :'(   How old is it.?

She was 4 years old so one the very first but cant believe the problems we had with it and output was the same as our old chipped 480 >:(:D but bosses spent all day today looking at demo's as we finished combining this morning

Pah! Insurance fiddle to get your Case if ever I saw one! ;)

Just messing with you. Looks bad mate but at least in that state she ain't going to cause you any havoc! How much have you left to harvest?

:D :D well that be telling tris but were still unsure what to get next high chance Case or a 580+ Claas have to see ;)

We finished yesterday morning after having a neighbour help us for 2 half days with his axial flow, hired in a NH CX8090 and had demo of a S690 JD lets just say wont be a JD combine on this farm :D  As combine went up sunday night

• 2 months later...

Well thought I would give this a little update well we managed to finish harvest with the help of a good friend and there axial flow and hired in a CX8090 with the NH really showing how slow straw walker machines are :D .  We have a since bought a ex demo Claas 580+ with 35ft header with GPS which will be fitted to my deere for rest year but only with lightbar guidence as i dont need full works just boom control on sprayer really.  Full works on combine though ;)

Well as soon as we finished harvesting ended up starting our ploughing campaign with my 7530 boss start early with me taking over around 9ish and going till late managed just under 800 acres in around 3 weeks not bad going really I thought on a 6 furrow plough well here's some pictures

post-132-132639190579_thumb.jpg

post-132-132639190592_thumb.jpg

First picture is of tractor on last field well full field till I went round all the headlands of last block of land as we'd roll and power harrow straght behind plough then do headlands as brought up less straw on first run headland and made it smoother for me.  Had the magnum on the power harrow which has now been chipped so never knew it was there so I was pushing my 75 hard on the plough drinking tank every 10-12 hours :'(

post-132-132639190598_thumb.jpg

post-132-132639190604_thumb.jpg

I was then let loose on the Cat for a few hours till got rained off :'(  but it was first time I used GPS and can see benefits I could keep eye on what was being done not trying to keep it straight which on this ground was usefull as was easy to block culti-press and having 510hp it didnt know was there :D 

Then what I've been doing a fair bit of which is spraying

post-132-13263919061_thumb.jpg

post-132-132639190616_thumb.jpg

Some you may find this interesting this is how were drilling our beans this year off our topdown after bit playing about but coulters on back of each leg with it being piped from the front tank mounted on challenger we have now got 2 distribution heads on back as there was too much back pressure in the system.

Here is our normal drill 8m Vaddy with best day this year was 250acres in pouring rain so reckon could do 300 in 11hrs

post-132-132639190623_thumb.jpg

post-132-132639190631_thumb.jpg

Carting some wheat this week with the Claas and will admit I love this thing one the best tractors I've driven has been chipped mind but just helped the engine no end :)

Then bringing culti-press back for cleaning ready to be sold

post-132-13263919064_thumb.jpg

post-132-132639190647_thumb.jpg

good to see you got the combine sorted out  ;)  you went for another claas then

I think I saw you one saturday morning the other week mate. If it was you, you were spraying next to the A12  ;)

Yer worked out cheapest route in the end.  High chance that was me if was colchester side of witham near Rivenhall exit ;)

nice pics there the fire done some job on the 600 in all fairness if it was giveing yous that much trouble it was the best thing that could off happened we run a 09 600 and a older 580 which will be changed next year for anew one never had any trouble with any of them . but the 600 wasnt running right at the start but sorted out straight away flying ever since think yous got abad one those sort of acres yous are growing you would be better of buying new what do you think of the 7530 never drove one see a few round our way

It was really best thing to happen to it but been easier if happened 3 days later :D  but we hope the 580+ coming is as good as they promise.  But the 7530 is nice to drive but having few troubles mainly with oil leaks on it but one thing is for sure on them they can be thirsty when drinking hard I feel

• 4 months later...

Well thought update few pictures from over winter and update were now running 3300 acres with few machinery updates mainly new sprayer for me well new to us its 05 plate still very nice, pictures later on :) .  For harvest were running a hired in NH CX8090 on a 30ft header which I'll be driving for 1000 acres then it goes back and 2 NH 6080 being hired for bulk haulage with ours being back up.  Was moving some wheat about and getting subsoiler ready to be sold

post-132-132639258811_thumb.jpg

post-132-132639258894_thumb.jpg

Out spraying some cypermetherin after finishing atlantis spraying and nearly got stuck just managed to pull out.  One for older case fans old Case 856 moving the mower and tedder to sheds

And the CX is hired in for a 1000 acre limit to help our Lexion 580+ out that replaced 600 in end, think briefly mentioned in past it if not my apologies tris :D

post-132-132639259271_thumb.jpg

post-132-132639259316_thumb.jpg

The toy arrived not too long ago this is before i got to use it and the difference between self propelled and trailed is large alot quicker and smoother should help clear acres bit quicker and easier :)  JD 7530 is now on fert spreader so still clocks hours

post-132-13263925941_thumb.jpg

post-132-132639259463_thumb.jpg