rotary parlour

farmermarshall

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done stephen, its a work of art mate ;)

:-[ cheers Matty thanks great to meet up and put a pic to the fendt man  :D

couldnt agree more, the detail is unreal, and i see she's made it onto youtube now aswell  :D;D

thanks Dave it will give you an idea on yours  :D aye you tube  :D well ah was messing about took a rest from models  :D;)

this looked great at the show it was well made and to see it working as well great build stephen

thanks Martin probaly could improve in some place but it sort of works cheers  :D;)

Excellent work there Stephen, I wish I could of got up to Moria to see it in the flesh, but feck'n work, I hear rumors that there maybe another show in October, hoping then ,maybe I might get to see it

cheers Garret thanks your rumors is correct  ;)

it could be an addition to Cullies Farm ;) ;) ;)

i heard rumours too Cullies Farm could be installing one too  :D

• 2 weeks later...

i know the rate of spin is too great but unless i can use something a dimmer switch all has to stay put as the gearing is underneath and can't come out with a lot of rebuild i've tried killing the voltage and its only 1.5v i ain'nt got enough power to be able to rotate all 33 cows there is a severe weight in all thats driving , i may add a few lights to strain power but i fear it will only kill the battery and guidance will be greatly welcome  :D;)

how about a  variable speed transformer from a trainset stephen ? with one of those you can set the speed , stop & start it & reverse if you need it to , would think most model trail places could get them for you & the fact it's mains powered you don't need to worry about battery power

how about a  variable speed transformer from a trainset stephen ? with one of those you can set the speed , stop & start it & reverse if you need it to , would think most model trail places could get them for you & the fact it's mains powered you don't need to worry about battery power

dont think it would be a problem getting one but the turntables runs of a 1.5v battery so i wonder how low you can turn these things down  :-\

dont think it would be a problem getting one but the turntables runs of a 1.5v battery so i wonder how low you can turn these things down  :-\

if i remember correctly the transformer was a LIMA brand compatible with hornby & it would go so low , that the train was only just visibly moving.

what about running some flexi track around the underside & stripping an old train down , would that do it ? if not then maybe idea of the lego tecnic gear wheels are the answer

I built a 24cow fullwood rotary the platform sits on the same thing that the glass plate in a microwave sits on. And is driven round be a motor from a scaletrix car with a tyre. Just the same as a real rotary this is controlled by the speed controller from an old hornby train set. Was the simplest way to do it once I worked it out

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...