At work with Stuarty C (wee nash)

Stuarty C

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

wow took me a while to find this topic again  :-\ just a small update, nothing overly exciting i dont think but hay  :) 

hopefully this topic will liven up over the summer as i will be heading to Lincolnshire for my college placement  ;D

just a few off slurry spreading in January

58945303.jpg

57257704.jpg

95521502.jpg

And rolling last week  :)

77275801.jpg

72652325.jpg

last run around the field

40113417.jpg

Nice little update Stuart. Grass looks in good order over there. It has shot up here in Wiltshire and gone a lovely dark lush green colour. Will you be in Lincolnshire for the October Spalding Show? Be a good visit for you.

Nice little update Stuart. Grass looks in good order over there. It has shot up here in Wiltshire and gone a lovely dark lush green colour. Will you be in Lincolnshire for the October Spalding Show? Be a good visit for you.

grass is just starting to pick up now, anything that didnt see slurry is poor still, thankfully we dont have the cow numbers we used to or they'd have the place bare.

oh theres an idea, yeah im there july to end of october hopefully. would be nice to get a trip to it if it suits  :)

You have to say it does obviously look a wee bit wet there.  ::)

What was on the back?

well i personally wouldnt have been turning on it but they made it half way along the field tuning on that pad not marking to badly.. then ooops.. a slightly more tender pad  ::)

pottinger power harrow

we were carting straw a few years back with fendts and lorry bodys will find a picture the trailers run on single tyres and the farmer had subsoiled one field that we had to cross the fendt got its trailer in to subsoil lines and sunk it wouldn't shift it fo r any amount of trying went back to farm got the demo deutz with manual trans and pulled it out on tick over not all its cracked up to be these cvt's good for some jobs not so good for others 3.jpgthe trailers are old car transporter axles with 45ft bodys on low load height and very stable on the road

Ah you lot just can't work em transmissions

There was a load stuck here last year, trailer dropped in full of wheat, I had just arrived with 6930 and baler, it was a 6820 on the trailer, I set the baler off and walked out with the trailer!!

You can set the transmissions up properly and make vast differences to them, in both power, fuel consumption and bring back mechcaical grip, When needed I turn off all automatic stuff on my transmission, so basically what speed i set it for it is like puting a normal gearbox in a certain gear, = all the grip u ever need in terms of comparing the gearboxes

An example of differences in setup, I was carting draining stones last autumn, One his outt of the quarry, I could pull up it at 11-15 mph from a standstill,

Messing about with setup I could either use 35litre an hour diesel or 20 litres an hour, BUT still climb at the same speed!!!!!!

Work that one out ha ha!

• 4 months later...

update required i think. had a change of scenery at harvest in Lincolnshire since june so plenty of pics. still working at cultivations at present all combining is read up bar about 20 acre of beans  :)  there was 2 combines running, claas lexion 580tt and 570+ tt.

my tractor to start was the mtx 135, then a 6920s and now on an 08plate 6930  :D . done a few days carting with a fendt 820 and a 6810. also done a day or 2 on the ttx190. ooh and a week on a 930 cultivating  :P     

any way few pics, any questions fire away  ;)

photo1967.jpg

photo2372.jpg

photo2199.jpg

photo2173.jpg

photo1941.jpg

photo2139.jpg