Gav's workshop project

Gav836

Between doing the irrigation and a few other jobs I decided to make a big box to go on my front linkage for carrying a spare roll of net wrap in, there is provision for a spare roll on the baler but its at an awkward height to lift it up to, 3600m rolls of it not being the lightest things in the world anyway ::):D so I didn't bother with one last year and just ran back to the yard for it. The box will also be used for carrying spare bags of rape seed and slug pellets when drilling or spreading to make life easier. Another task for it which made my boss grin when I told him is to push the massive lumps of straw out that he leaves with the combine when he stops without backing up ::):D :D

Box measures 60" wide x 15" deep x 12" long at the bottom, 15" at the top, the front being sloped to make it easier to get the net out. It is made out of an old self tip skip, angle iron from old sliding doors and the headstock off a Nodet fertiliser spreader, just needs another coat of paint to finish it :)

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

It's probably totally overengineered, as are most things I make in the workshop, but better to be that way than the other ;D ;D

Nice Gav, that headstock is better than a greal lumpy bit of channel or the like. Wouldn't two bannana shaped bits of bar on top of the box lid with rubber tie straps be easier for the net wrap though? Just a thought.

I can see you tieing the lid up and sit Buster in there when he 'lets one go' :D

A couple of reflectors (orange), one on the left ,one on the right, for pulling out of gateways onto the public highways late at night.

Keeps the old bill happy.  ;)

Actually plan to paint the ends yellow once the rest has had its final coat sprayed on, may take on your suggestion as well though given the amount of thick as excrement second home owners in this area at times ::):D

' room in their for a spare migrant worker or two.... ;)

Have to watch out for that Nigel as the strawberry farm next door has a dozen or more of them there :D