THOMSON MEMORIAL RALLY AT STONEHAVEN - SUNDAY 29th JUNE 2009

BC

Well yesterday after breakfast I decided to go over to Stonehaven which is about 15 miles from where I live to visit the Thomson Memorial rally. I used to attend this rally in the past when it was held on a Saturday and did not clash with the Bon Accord Steam and Vintage Rally.

I have some photos (not too many you will be saying) which I will post up later on this afternoon or evening but in the interim I will post up a few photos of interesting pieces which were on display by a local collector Jim Bruce's Bygone Days.

I had to ask Jim what the following items were. Does anyone on here know what they are or would even care to hazard a guess. I'll give you a clue they are not farming related ;) ;)

What is this tool for making ??? ???

ST09001.jpg

ST09002.jpg

What is this item of equipment used for  ??? ???

ST09003.jpg

Well there were only five tractors entred in the program two of which didn't turn up and one late entry giving a grand total of four. A very poor turnout indeed.Never mind on with what was there.

1955 French Farmall Cub and thios was the class winner winning the Green Goblet

ST09004.jpg

1956 Allis-Chalmers D272

ST09005.jpg

A 1956 Mercedes Unimog

ST09007.jpg

ST09006.jpg

A late entry the Fordson Major with Pillar box red wheel rims ??? ???

ST09008.jpg

On to the commercial vehicles and military sectiopn

An early diesel Ford Transit circa 1969

ST09009.jpg

1979 Ford D Series Artic with Scammell coupling

ST09010.jpg

Now some Landrovers for Adam ;) ;)

1952 Landrover Series 1

ST09011.jpg

1954 Landrover Series 1

ST09012.jpg

A couple of late entries

Landrover

ST09013.jpg

Bedford

ST09014.jpg

More from the commercials and military

Another late entry and not sure what make it is I'm afraid ??? ???

ST09015.jpg

1972 Bedford Caravanette

ST09016.jpg

1962 Bedford Van ( A winner in the light commercial section )

ST09017.jpg

A late entry an Austin Van

ST09018.jpg

Another late entry but winner of the heavy commercials was thsi 1950's Albion which was originally new to the SAI in Aberdeen

ST09019.jpg

Yet another late entry the old Albion bus belonging to Aberdeen Corporation

ST09020.jpg

Moving on to the cars

A rather nice looking late entry from Tom Shanks but not in the prize winners

ST09021.jpg

A 1928 Austin 16/6 which was best car winner

ST09022.jpg

Another class winner a 1952 MG TD an neighbour of mine called Billy **** although we affectionatly call him "Dicker" ;) ;)

ST09023.jpg

Another late entry this GMC van

ST09024.jpg

Moving on

A 1993 Chevorlet Silveraso Turbo 6,500cc

ST09025.jpg

Another late entry an early Austin from James Gray of Fraserburgh

ST09026.jpg

Next a rather nice G reg Cortina 1600E which I could only describe as immaculate

ST09027.jpg

Next A Bond I think  ??? ???

ST09028.jpg

Well thats it from me from the Thomson Memorial Rally at Stonehaven. Not the biggest or the best one I have visited this year but it was a lovely sunny day and the chat with the exhibitors was good ;) ;)

Well yesterday after breakfast I decided to go over to Stonehaven which is about 15 miles from where I live to visit the Thomson Memorial rally. I used to attend this rally in the past when it was held on a Saturday and did not clash with the Bon Accord Steam and Vintage Rally.

I have some photos (not too many you will be saying) which I will post up later on this afternoon or evening but in the interim I will post up a few photos of interesting pieces which were on display by a local collector Jim Bruce's Bygone Days.

I had to ask Jim what the following items were. Does anyone on here know what they are or would even care to hazard a guess. I'll give you a clue they are not farming related ;) ;)

What is this tool for making ??? ???

ST09001.jpg

ST09002.jpg

What is this item of equipment used for  ??? ???

ST09003.jpg

Well was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what these items are ??? ???

Don't be afraid to quess since personally I did not have a clue what they were for

Well I don't know if no one knew what the items were or whether they were not interested in the post ??? ???

Whatever I will reveal all

The first is a machine for making butter buscuits or "hardies" and teh second is a chock for old buses with bad brakes.

Sorry Bill  :-[:-[ :-[:-[ :-[ I have to admit that I thought that the first item was for making scottish oat cookies but I didn't want to seem stupid if I got it wrong :-\ :-\ :-\ I hadn't a clue about the other chock thing  :-X :-X :-X :-X

Sorry Bill  :-[:-[ :-[:-[ :-[ I have to admit that I thought that the first item was for making scottish oat cookies but I didn't want to seem stupid if I got it wrong :-\ :-\ :-\ I hadn't a clue about the other chock thing  :-X :-X :-X :-X

Not a problem Mike I would probably be the same on here. Knowing the chap who was exhibiting I wasn't scared to ask because it is true you learn something new every day ;) ;)