yellowing

05rich

Question

8 answers to this question

I take it you mean as in a  white model   ,  Britains County  , or white parts used on Fords etc.

If so it occurs naturally to all whites over time & as far as I am aware , nothing can be done to prevent it

Take a look at white gloss paint in your house , it yellows over time .

thanks mate , yes its a ford

The only way to prevent yellowing is to keep the object in the dark.  Any light will start the process - sunlight is the worst offender.  In fact all models, like pictures, should be kept away from direct sun because not only does the colour change/fade/yellow but the decals will crumble and rubber tyres will deteriorate too. 

The only way to prevent yellowing is to keep the object in the dark.  Any light will start the process - sunlight is the worst offender.  In fact all models, like pictures, should be kept away from direct sun because not only does the colour change/fade/yellow but the decals will crumble and rubber tyres will deteriorate too. 

my models are kept out direct sunlight , but i have seen the rims going on some of my second-hand models

bought a boxed lamboughni cheap, because it had yellowed on one side £16 otherwise mint do you think bargain or not .. someone said turps to whiten it up ,but never tried it

thanks , might try that on an old wheel though first ! :D :D