Can we still mention bad sellers on this board?

ihatepoundland

The arrogance shocks me, Rob. Regardless of the issue you don't expect to be spoken to in this way. I'd like to see him fronting a shop.

It's a classic example of a seller who thinks once the package leaves his/her hands, so does the responsibility.

This seems like damaged items and the seller not caring is getting more pupular lately  :-\ The last ting I sent, wich was a custom model truck was damaged.......I came to the conclusion that my packing wasnt the best, the mail was alittle rough with it, and the glue that held the frame together weakened anough that the frame snapped. The person who I was trading it with wasnt very nice about it  :-\ But I offered to have him send it back and I would fix the damages and try to pack it better and ship it back to him with the cost it took for him to ship it back to me. But he decided that he would fix it himself. Lucky I have never got anything broke myself!

Sean

I bought a set of discs (didn't I Rick ;D) scratch built in 32nd by a chap in America. All plastic, delivered to me in UK without a bump. What some postal workers do with other packages puzzels me. Maybe they sit the same 'package handling' course as Easyjet and United 'broke my guitar' airlines :D

• 1 month later...

Interesting story and I think it's valid to post such here.

I also think that there are some buyers who are up to tricks as well.  Ages ago I sent a UH item via Royal Mail which although not in a box was well packaged with newspaper, brown paper and bubblewrap (which another seller referred to as 'bomb-proof'!) and lo-and-behold it arrived with something (minor) broken.  He then contacted me to get a partial refund.  Then contacted me again later when he found something else broken...  I reduced the item to half the price with a partial refund.  There could well be people at this to reduce the price of an item, knowing that accepting a return is a bit of a pain for the seller - I specified no returns in my ad.  Something just didn't 'sit well' with this guy.

This in the past has been quite well documented and appears to be the way some 'buyers' attempt to get an item cheaper by contesting its condition on arrival with the seller. A good example was that a freind of mine sold a small number of 1980's Britains Ford tractors to a buyer in Belgium and six weeks after sending them off, very well packed against possible damage in the postal system, received an email to say that the items arrived severely damaged. My freind, being an honest and trusting sole contacted the buyer to offer him a refund of the selling price minus fees and postage costs. The items were duly returned and when he opened the 'package' discovered that in actual fact that the 'damage' had been caused by the buyer attempting to do major surgery on the tractors to do some conversions. This did not go down very well with my freind so he reported this to eBay, got all his money back and the 'buyer' dissapeared, his username no longer registered when searched in 'community'. Thankfully these sort of things don't happen too often thank goodness.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Slightly more too this since my last update.

I sold a subwoofer on ebay which was won by an ebayer with 0% feedback, this ebayer had an obviously fake address but seemed to do a lot of successful business with the seller I originally had the dispute with. They'd also made up the postcode, but parts of it pointed to the area of the seller I'd had the original dispute with, along with a telephone number area code which again supported that theory. Make of that what you will.

This seller then left me negative feedback, claiming they had sent cash and not received the goods. Of course they hadn't and in fact couldn't due to not having my address (unless they were connected to a previous seller ;) ).

A bit later their feedback is removed and they get an unpaid item strike.

If my assumption is correct, I just can believe that a fairly big seller on ebay would act or coerce others to act in such a petty and morally void manner over my negative feedback for their attitude in regards to the poor packaging.

Do I regret leaving that Neg feedback? Not one bit  ;D