7 Combines in the same field!

ploughmaster

To follow on from the thread started by tractorman314 (http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=27926.0), here's one I took when I was working for Sutton Estates, Stainton-le-Vale, Lincs in September 1997.

They are:

Claas Lexion 480 (25')  (little challenge - spot the anomaly!) This was a demo which had spent most of harvest on a farm in Kent

John Deere 2266 Hillmaster (20') & John Deere 2066 Hillmaster (20'),  which belonged to Suttons Benham Estate in Berkshire and had been shipped up Lincolnshire as we were getting well behind (combination of bad weather,  being underequipped and poor organisation). It was cheaper to transport them both ways than to hire one similar machine locally!!!!

Massey Ferguson 38 (20'), which was Peacock and Binningtons' demonstrator

and finally Staintons' own three:

Massey Ferguson 40 Auto Level (20')

2x Massey Ferguson 38 (20')

7CombinesSept1997web.jpg

Claas Lexion 480

DemoLexion480Sept1997web.jpg

John Deere 2266 Hillmaster

JD2266Sept97web.jpg

John Deere 2066 Hillmaster

JD2066Sept1997web.jpg

Thanks all for the comments.

Nice pictures, what size field(s) were they in?

The one all 7 are parked in was about 125 acres.  The other fields they cut were much smaller - that one was the only field I had more than one 14 tonne trailer load out of; every time I got back from tipping, they'd moved to the next field  :D

There were two 44 tonne artics, three 14 tonne trailers, one 12 tonne trailer and two ten tonne trailers to keep them all moving,  and two elevators side by side in the same shed at the yard, and tipping on a floor in the next shed.

Very good pictures! Do you have anymore? Especially of those Claas Commandors!

I do have a few, but they are all 'proper' photos, so will need scanning when I get a chance.