I know it's a Cresent, but.........

AndyB

This model was based on the 1958 Fordson Dexta and is a very good representation of the tractor for quite a basic model. Came originally with a plastic driver positioned with one arm over the mudguard with his hand sort of holding the outer edge. There were no hydraulics but a hook for the trailer was positioned at the base of the back axle. Several 'sets' were available, one with a blue flatbed trailer with yellow plastic lades or raves, single axle with red plastic wheels and had a spring clip on the front that you pressed down which tipped the trailer body. Another was with a red 4-wheel turntable front axle trailer with a wire drawbar, the trailer sides slotted or dropped in on the corners and it had a removable front headboard and a yellow plastic rear lift out tailboard that slotted in, as did the headboard, a groove on the inside of the sideboards. You could 'double up' the sideboards to make a grain trailer. I believe that there were a small range of implements available as well but these are harder to find. Made by this British firm in Mold, Wales and I believe the company was bought out by another company who's name escapes me at present, in the late 1960's. There was no scale mentioned but roughly 1:18

This model was based on the 1958 Fordson Dexta and is a very good representation of the tractor for quite a basic model. Came originally with a plastic driver positioned with one arm over the mudguard with his hand sort of holding the outer edge. There were no hydraulics but a hook for the trailer was positioned at the base of the back axle. Several 'sets' were available, one with a blue flatbed trailer with yellow plastic lades or raves, single axle with red plastic wheels and had a spring clip on the front that you pressed down which tipped the trailer body. Another was with a red 4-wheel turntable front axle trailer with a wire drawbar, the trailer sides slotted or dropped in on the corners and it had a removable front headboard and a yellow plastic rear lift out tailboard that slotted in, as did the headboard, a groove on the inside of the sideboards. You could 'double up' the sideboards to make a grain trailer. I believe that there were a small range of implements available as well but these are harder to find. Made by this British firm in Mold, Wales and I believe the company was bought out by another company who's name escapes me at present, in the late 1960's. There was no scale mentioned but roughly 1:18

By heck - now that is a reply and a half - thanks pr!  I think its fair to say you have a quite considerable depth of knowlege - cheers ears!  ;)

there is also a 2 furrow reversible plough which is why,I think, the driver is turning round to the left, an unusual stance seeing as most implements are offset to the right,though I suppose buckraking or transport box would be appropriate but most appropriate would be the Allis-Chalmers Rotobaler, none of which they made.

I have the 3 furrow plough Nigel but not reversable type, this one has a yellow plastic land-wheel which is height adjustable by a cranked threaded bar handle, like a Ransomes plough. Unfortunately it's in 2 or 3 peices but I'll find a good one one day I hope.

Crescent also made an orange and silver Fordson Major E27N with rubber wheels and steerable front axle with a 'land girl' driver. A range of tinplate implements were made for this tractor, all, including the tractor were available seperately or as one complete set. They were made in the late 1940's to early 50's and was a bit larger than 1:32.

Here's the Dexta with bale trailer.

CrescentTrailer.jpg

Here's the E27N.

CrescentE27N.jpg