FOUND UNDER THE BRAMBLES

SMurF

Guest quangova

I love finding and phtographing old tractors/machinery thathave been discarded and lost to neglect.  Would be a nice restoration project for someone...!

Tha yard was left unused and was not maintained it just accumulated junk

Have started clearing the yard up but the buildings are too far gone

Shame realy I think that the buildings are a nice part of farming history which these days are either converted to houses or knocked down which i personally don't like

I would rather see them restored to origonal and used as storage sheds  but modern day farming has no use for this size of buildings and thus like these go to ruin

Guest quangova

I agree with you SMURF on the buildings, they are fine examples of UK agricultural history, you can get substantial grants for restoration and by not converting them to homes or holiday lets. ?Theres a big push on with farmers to do this in Essex at the moment, allthough as always the funding is limeted

Guest quangova

Those sort of buildings are normally 1930's to 60's, allthough they could even be eamples of the buildings that were put up in the late 1800's in the era of "Victorian High Farming"

They are from were i work but they are not at the home farm

they are around 130 years old with extensions added over time

The boss aquired the farm in 1966 and used them at first to keep chickens in  until foul pest put a stop to that

since then they havn't been used for much  they have still got the old brooder boxes in some of the sheds

are farm/esstea is a bit like that we have a big shed and yard around it called the carpenters yard and in this big shed is an old steam driven saw mill and in the barns and shed a all the old house draw gear carts etc it a shame to see it like this real we have a lot of the old bulllock shed/yards we store duals wheels a are narrow wheels fuel tanks and things like that in them i have to nock a hole yard downn soon so we can build a new tractor shed

are farm/esstea is a bit like that we have a big shed and yard around it called the carpenters yard and in this big shed is an old steam driven saw mill and in the barns and shed a all the old house draw gear carts etc it a shame to see it like this real we have a lot of the old bulllock shed/yards we store duals wheels a are narrow wheels fuel tanks and things like that in them i have to nock a hole yard downn soon so we can build a new tractor shed

mcmad do you know where quidenham is?,theres a barn there with all the old threshers ect in it,love going past it and having a look

in are main yard we have a big diss used dryer compex 1960's i think with the old dry still in tacked i am trying to get my boss to covert this barn in to a work shop we cant use it and i fyou toke the dryer out and part filled the pit hole i would make a nice big work shop were you could work under the machrey safely and in the dry un like at the mo were are work shop is in an old cart shed and we have crall under in the wet mud out side

is that NH2's new beer trolley belarus :D :D :D :D

as for the sheds  it is a shame to see them as housing but at least it's still there . I have great joy in pointing out to my kids refubished sheds & telling them thet i used to milk cows there , or stack bales in there . Dillington estate has just refurbished  Park Farm & is now called Eagle wood park but the whole thing is where i used to do all these things & it's good to be able to tell others how & what the old mill,trailer shed ,tractor shed ,cow stalls ,used to be like when they were regularly in use when it was still a farm. :)