Dakotah Toys??

Hi and welcome to the forum  :D :D

I am sure that Dakotah toys were mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago as someone else was having problems getting hold of them and the website wasn't working any more.

Maybe he doesn't want to be found at the moment :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

best way to reach them is by calling them :

They are out of Madison SD

605-256-6676

Their website is up and off for over 1,5 years now. i managed to place an order on it less than a year ago. But they are still in business as far as i know and you should get their catalog! (i think they give it freely with orders over 100 dollars). I have seen them sell on ebay too under dakotahtoys..

Thanks for the info guys...

BTW what's TTT?? Is that another forum??

I'll have to try calling I guess... I sure like just looking stuff up on the computer better though.  I need a new catalog. 

Any other good parts sources out there??

Thanks again!  OL JR :)

PS.  Can you post pics on here and how?  Thanks! 

I'll have to try calling I guess... I sure like just looking stuff up on the computer better though.  I need a new catalog. 

PS.  Can you post pictures on here and how?  Thanks!

TTT=www.toytractortimes.com

I post photos here using photobucket works well.........

PS.  Can you post pictures on here and how?  Thanks!

plenty, only need to know of which manufacturer! I have a list of specific parts dealers for nearly every brand., just let me know from which manufacturer you need parts (and scale)

cheers,

-Wil

hey guys,

I have recently (last week or so) messaged Dakotah toys regarding a catalogue but to this day still havent had a reply,I am also on TTT and am chatting to a guy who is being very helpfull as he has a catalogue and searchs for parts for me. still a little disappointed that I havent had a mail from Dakotah.

plenty, only need to know of which manufacturer! I have a list of specific parts dealers for nearly every brand., just let me know from which manufacturer you need parts (and scale)

cheers,

-Wil

Hey Wil,

I'm into Ford and New Holland (since the buyout) and we run a lot of Ford/New Holland equipment.  We run 2 5610S's here on the farm (a '99 and a '96) and a 2310 on our other farm at Shiner, and we run a little bit of every brand otherwise.  Of course Ford contributed to that 'little bit of everything' with their massive list of shortline manufacturers (we have Dearborn and Kelley plows, a Dearborn tandem disk (recently replaced by an IH 470), a Ford/Claas 640 combine, a Ford/Gehl 552 round baler, 256 and 258 New Holland hay rakes, Zweegers CM 212 cyclomower hay mower, Deere 7100 planter, Deere and Lilliston cultivators, and when we were farming cotton we ran mostly IH cotton pickers, starting off with old one-row cotton pickers (mounted on reversed Farmall tractors) and then 214 double-row self propelled pickers, and a crappy old 416 IH picker, all of which we replaced the last five years or so we farmed cotton with Deere 9900 and 9920 double row pickers, and later added a 4 row 9940 Deere picker.)  We've also got some Allis Chalmers plow and a few other pieces of shortline equipment.  Most of it's retired now that we're strictly running beef cows... 

I'd be interested in any parts suppliers info you might have, links, or whatever.  You could post them here or PM me if you prefer. 

I've been tinkering with an idea in the back of my head for awhile-- I have a 1/8 scale Farmall Super M that I bought in Dyersville, Iowa several years back that would be PERFECT for conversion to a single row IH cotton picker-- I have a 1 row IH #14 cotton picker in the barn mounted on a Farmall H that we used to pick with (and I might restore at some point for a collector's item) so I could EASILY take all the measurements I would need directly from the prototype.  We also ran an old #8 IH one row picker on a Super M, and Dad had a 114 at one time mounted on a Super C.  Those two have been salvaged a LONG time ago already, though...

If I could get my hands on a 1/8 scale Ford 8N Jubilee, I'd like to build a model of a one row brush-type cotton stripper built by Dearborn that my Dad and Granddad had and ran for years back in the 50's and 60's... they were pretty rare, but in some old papers at my Grandmother's house that I found after she passed away, I located the old operator's manual for the Dearborn stripper, including all the measurements and photographs and mounting instructions and hardware specifications and stuff, so I could use that to info to build a pretty good model even without the prototype to measure...

Thanks for any information you can provide!  OL JR :)

Hello JR,

of course the catalog of Dakotah Toys is important if you wish to do any 1:16 or bigger scale conversions. However 1:8th scale is very hard to find, if not impossible to find parts for. That would mean you have to make them yourself, which is a challenge but might be more satisfactory.

Another person you might want to contact is Kate Bossen (www.bossenimp.com) who also sells parts for the bigger scale models and she also could help you track down one of those Scale Models - Ford 8N's (not the signature edition as you dont want to mess with a Joe Ertl signed special edition model  ;):D )

Those are the two main model parts dealers in the US. If you are starting the conversion, might i suggest becoming a member of Toy Tractor Times.. (www.toytractortimes.com) there is a wealth of information on there and experienced customizers love to share information and give help and tips for projects you want to start.

i dont think i have ever seen a Dearborn Cotton Stripper in my life.. put up a picture if you please?(i have a very nice collection of brochures(www.fordcrazy001.com) in which no cotton picker can be found.)

I do like the Dearborn machinery as they are quite trustworthy for what i hear. Sadly we hardly see any of that around here. My father drove a Fordson Super Dexta as his first tractor, then got a Ford 4000 and Ford 5000, which were replaced  by a 4610 III series, which was replaced by a Ford 6710 II series and now he owns a New Holland TL90A although he has retired recently and holds beef cows for the hobby now. At our contractor i have driven the Ford 6600, Ford 8870, Ford 8210 III series and quite a few Fendts. So my heart lies with the Ford brand and i hold fond memories, I am working in construction now and the hobby of collecting farm toys, and my father's hobby keep me close with agriculture which i hold dear.