Siku JD Combine 2009

Mike R

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

The new T670I looks amazing! I for one, do not mind spending the $$ to get a hold of a detailed 1/32nd John Deere combine. When you think of it, this conventional Deere from Siku has more detail on her then the 1/32nd 9880I, S690I etc from Britains, I spent a good amount of $$ getting them from Britain, and they did not have the opening side pannels, or grain tank lids, still very nice models to own, but I feel Siku has deffinately out did Britains with the T670I, you get much more detail, ie opening grain tank lids, side pannels, better tires and a header cart. I also like the header design on the Siku models as well compared to the Britains models!

I know, I can't wait to own this beautiful model, and is definately worth the $$ for the detail on her. If the model WAS like the Britains 2266, then I could see the price being a problem.

Granted UH can not be beat in terms of detail, and quality, but seeing as UH does not have the licence for Deere models, Siku is the closest we will get to a highly detailed JD model, unless Wilkings does one, or Ertl brings out another Precision Model.

Still, Siku has done a wonderful job, in my opnion it seems they are getting better at detailing there models and the quality seems a bit better then Britains in my opnion.

Looking forward to getting mine.... Wished they would offer both heads with the model though, but I am very impressed so far.

Take Care Jason B

Im enclined to agree with the last comment, Britians has gone down hill seriously with there models, I brought the STS model last year to convert to r/c and found it more hassle than what it was worth, all very plastic looking/feeling and the realism wasnt there for me. for one the head conection was rubbish and it showed when removed several times.

Siku are fast becoming the major farm toy manufacturer in the world let alone europe, There models last longer and can be made up to a more realistic look and still have the ability to be playable, and to be converted or modified.

The price will always be an issue with siku toys since the introduction of the dreaded euro and with not much sign of it changing in the near future it would be a shame to see such nice toys and models only available for the die hard collector or converter and not for the average child.

• 2 months later...