Next precision 1/32

MPR Models

Will they even bother producing another 1/32 precision? The 8430/8530 Deeres were recently going at bargain prices and STX before them. Why should Ertl invest in a new one when they seeming have to give away a % of production. With the level of detail they put into the prestige models they may not continue. It would be good to hear Bill Waters view on the future, if he's allowed to say. If they do do one it would be red or green, that I am sure!

A Matbro Teleram and Collins Teleshift in precision would be fantastic but pigs will fly before this ever happens.

Maybe Ertl did want sell first all off those precisions, before they releas a new one.

Texas

Yeah, its one of barbers scraper tractors (Lower Sutton Farm), my Dad works for them doing the farm maintainance. what brought you to the farm?

I personally would like to see more fords of any description or a Collins teleshift, Sanderson teleporter or Matbro teleram

ah i drive for mole valley farmers so sometimes deliver to their farms

• 2 weeks later...

Will they even bother producing another 1/32 precision? The 8430/8530 Deeres were recently going at bargain prices and STX before them.

That tends to be my feeling also. 

Of the seven 32nd precisions that Ertl have produced, at least five of them were remaindered and sold off at a greatly reduced price (I think the two versions of the JD 8400 were remaindered as well as the ones you mention), which suggests to me that perhaps they are not actually that popular in 32nd. 

based on what we have seen from IMBER today        congrats Steve and Karen  by the way , no need for Britains Ertl to produce an older  precision Ford ........perhaps IF they are to continue to produce these precision models they will stick to newer machines? ???

If they produced them in smaller numbers they would do better for it I reckon. When something is available easily it is often sidelined in favour of models you get little chance to get hold of.

I don't think it is a case of being sidelined.  If there was a demand for them they will sell.  As they keep hanging aound for some time (several years in the case of the STX), and then have to be cleared out cheap, I tend to feel that the demand for them may not be that great.

I recall at the time, Ertl basically dumped a lot of the first JD 8400 on Europe because they didn't sell as well as  expected in the US.

They were never going to be popular in the US straight away due to the choice in scale though really. The other point is very true though if there is a table full of models and next to it a table with few harder to find models, the latter will always get bought up first because the former give the impression there will always be some about.

A Matbro Teleram and Collins Teleshift in precision would be fantastic but pigs will fly before this ever happens.

trouble with these machines is that they really do only appeal to specific buyers , i think udimore looked into having these built , but i think the interest vs. ammount didn't add up financialy

Exactly, the expectation to sell vast numbers globally is to high. Smaller numbers, european sales. It has worked for all the latest model makers. RC2 is a new generation but an old thought process. Just think, if they had made a precision Ford 40 series . . . Oh, too late! Someone has.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...