Help needed with britains mf 7200 combine

fordson major

Question

Hi I was wondering if anybody could please tell me how the cab comes off as I have a boxed example and the man is missing from the cab. my other combine has the man but the unload auger is falling off I would like to swap the man or tighten the unload auger and getting the cab off is the problem for both options. I think I can figure out the rest on my own as I  can see screws in a few places. i do not want to take one apart with a hammer to find out how the other one comes apart properly! Thanks for your time in reading this and I hope somebody can help.

Regards Robert

3 answers to this question

from memory when i cut the garin doors on mine, or looked to, you need to unscrew the sides of the body ,you will see the holes with screws in them, and the cab is held on by teeth so to speak into the body that way, the main bodys in 2 halfs lenghtways

Thanks for the help. I have played with the combine with the loose auger tonight and I had to do more work than I thought. you are right about the screws,  In typical Britains fashion there is a hiden screw that would not come out located under the feeder house side rail. I  managed to remove the wheels,cross shafts,feeder house, and then the engine plate by forcing the 2 halfs apart without breaking or removing the rivet for the ram. Then while holding the 2 halfs apart I used small needle nose pliers to tighten the auger screw as it is so far in you cannot get a screw driver on it. I also swapped some of the other better looking parts over and now have a nice looking mint boxed combine. Thanks again for your help :) .

Regards Robert