tanco bale shear

Coxy

I`ll put out 2000 bales of silage (haylage really most of it) each and every winter and anything to speed the job up etc  would be great . I like the fact the bale is broken up a bit before it goes into the feeder wagon making it`s job a lot easier.

I see a few problems with this however so in my VERY humble opinion.....

1  for the  now necessary  plastic recycling ( for us at least in scotland),the net and plastic wraps have to be separated....gonna take you time to split that up.....albeit easier with no silage around.

2  not certain every bit of netwrap would be caught as to get the net  to start reeling onto the bale you need the very last mouthful of silage (on most balers at least ) to help it get into the chamber.

3  I doubt that grab couldn`t cut through my bales with the longer stemmy grass and higher dry matter therefore I reckon it would only be suitable for proper short  grown silage  or  bales made by a chopper baler .

4  doubt my loader and pipework would stand up to cutting at least 2000 bales a year so repair bills may well outweigh any  other benefits.

sorry to be so negative,just saying it as I see it. It wouldn`t be for me unless anyone cares to bring it to me, let me try it for a winter and if I`m proved wrong then I`ll gladly buy it! :)

I can see it suiting some situations tho and may well be a decent seller due to the fact lots of the guys feeding cattle now need their backside glued to a telehandler or the tractor/loader seat ! seems none of us have time to do anything else so this not getting out to remove the wraps  and net wrap is likely to be VERY appealing

:)

I`ll put out 2000 bales of silage (haylage really most of it) each and every winter and anything to speed the job up etc  would be great . I like the fact the bale is broken up a bit before it goes into the feeder wagon making it`s job a lot easier.

I see a few problems with this however so in my VERY humble opinion.....

1  for the  now necessary  plastic recycling ( for us at least in scotland),the net and plastic wraps have to be separated....gonna take you time to split that up.....albeit easier with no silage around.

dont think this would take very long if it had to be done it would pull out

2  not certain every bit of netwrap would be caught as to get the net  to start reeling onto the bale you need the very last mouthful of silage (on most balers at least ) to help it get into the chamber.

if the bale goes in all the way it get it all and left no silage in the grab

3  I doubt that grab couldn`t cut through my bales with the longer stemmy grass and higher dry matter therefore I reckon it would only be suitable for proper short  grown silage  or  bales made by a chopper baler .

i would think it would easly it it sharp enough blade

4  doubt my loader and pipework would stand up to cutting at least 2000 bales a year so repair bills may well outweigh any  other benefits.

it would be the  same as a shear grab i would think

sorry to be so negative,just saying it as I see it. It wouldn`t be for me unless anyone cares to bring it to me, let me try it for a winter and if I`m proved wrong then I`ll gladly buy it! :)

I can see it suiting some situations tho and may well be a decent seller due to the fact lots of the guys feeding cattle now need their backside glued to a telehandler or the tractor/loader seat ! seems none of us have time to do anything else so this not getting out to remove the wraps  and net wrap is likely to be VERY appealing

:)

it would also be handy ,because no smell on your hands and the wifes/girlfreinds happy

ya

i would thinkit needs some practic on it due to if you pull the level to much the plastic would fall out at the same timeas you leaving the bale go

as for cost, not sure was told around 3000-4000€ could be wrong not sure

contraptions what does this mean not geat at english

Contraption is an english word  ::)  And don't think you can really talk about english  ::)

All i mean is that a smaller business in either N.I. or the south, can't mind came up with this idea a long time ago  :D

a farmer down around the south made it and sold the idea to tanco there was a programme on the tv about it tanco made him a really bad offer the frist time but he told them where to go they werent long comeing back to him

that is what you saw on tv

but they left out the first part of it

it was first design at tanco but then that person we out on it the patten on it for themself and then tanco brought it back,

that was i was told a tanco last year

Seems a great Idea.

as said before atleast it keeps the smell of silage off your hands.

The video of the loader mounted wrapper is good now that is a good idea.

There was the first one came out years ago, very popular

that the new one came ou t this year as it has twin wrap