• case cvx 225

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

okay,after a bit of moving things around i have room to make one more diorama/scene,bearing in mind i have a spraying scene,combine and baling,maize harvesting  and a drilling scene, plus a muck spreading scene,does anybody have any ideas on what do to for my last diorama ,the only idea i have come up with so far is using one of mandys round feeders ,some cattle and a new holland t6020 filling the  feeder,but im open to any other ideas,it does not have to be big arable kit or upto date,nothing older than the 70's though,cheers

given where you are paul i recon a nice hill side cattle scene, couple of ring feeders and a water trough / old slurry tanker for water ,good bit of mud arround the gate at the bottom of the hill and feederssome of mandys stone walls  and it will look just like a typical dartmoor cattle farm

Have you got the t-6020 yet mate , its a very detailed little tractor. I love it got mine at toytrac.  :)

[/quote no old massey,waiting for any other suggestions,however,from pictures on here and on uh's website the new holland does look a lovely model,would rather it had front mudguards though,so i think  i will go with this idea,a few cows and the old collie,should look good

given where you are paul i recon a nice hill side cattle scene, couple of ring feeders and a water trough / old slurry tanker for water ,good bit of mud arround the gate at the bottom of the hill and feederssome of mandys stone walls  and it will look just like a typical dartmoor cattle farm

like it sean,one to ponder over

funny you say  that cmb ,but the peco backgrounds i use have a patent from seaton/beer

The one you're using there certainly looks more Devon-like than the other Peco scene backgrounds I've seen. I didn't know they had a link to south Devon.

Is that sawdust Paul?

Will that be the final effect?

in the baling scene jez,well its mdf dust,very fine,i will be adding specks of green scatter into the scene to make it more realistic,i seal it with very waterey pva,so it stays were it should stay,but yes thats the final effect,just backgrounds to add,all my layout  shows what i drive,i had to to take a big decision to do this,i have had several models,big stuff usually,the layout did start as a velcourt layout,but i only done one harvest with them,these guys i have worked for nearly 3 years know,the other scenes will be a maize scene,a drilling scene and a muckspreading scene,i also have two dioramas that are free licence,although we have 2 bateman r16 sprayers ,i have used the uh sprayer,the other free licence scene will be a cow feeding scene with a recently bought new holland t 6020 and loads of stuff from mandy,a scene i see almost everyday in the autumn/winter where i live