a sneak at my zetor crystal

Hi

I have a couple of pictures of a couple of models I bought for a friend about a year ago. I bought them from a dutch guy who made them himself, I'm guessing you are copying bonnet and cab from his models?.Sonny

I think that is a bit rude!

He is trying to copy the original in an achievable manner in the way the Dutch guy you mention has done.

• 1 month later...

i love zetors ,,used to drive a 5748 4x4 .. colom change..used it for buckraking and allsorts ,cab  was massive, we used to get 4 people,2 dogs and 20 bags of sheep nuts in the cab and still plenty of room

friend of mine had a 12145 big straight 6 cylender engin he cit silege with it on a jf 900 blower for 16 years and it neva mist a beet great tractor loved it

Nice to see a rarer model.

I think the real Zetor Crystal was underrated by some in its day. Heard comments like The "Lada" of tractors but what I remember and saw of them they were big powerfull beast.

I once remember silaging at a friends farm I was on buckrake with a Fordson major and one of the neighbours had a Zetor Crystal. The descent from the pit was a 45 degree slope and some of the lads were tormenting the chap about the power of his tractor and good he reverse his loaded silage trailer up the brae. Well he did no problem and when a chap with a Ford 6600 tried it well he just stood and scraped. We were all in hysterics apart from the 6600 driver.

This is the brae in question and the driver on the NH is actually the brother of the Zetor tractor driver.

Misc1820708021.jpg

• 2 months later...

plans are for 4 ans six cylinder

I am making a zetor 12145 later version of a crystal and am using a britains Volvo BM chasie lengthened (at where the gearbox would be) to make a 6 cylender

any more done

I am making a zetor 12145 later version of a crystal and am using a britains Volvo BM chasie lengthened (at where the gearbox would be) to make a 6 cylender

any more done

would any of the 12145s be for sale, i would be very interested, even in the bonnet, floor pan and cab,its one tractor ive always wanted a model of as it was the tractor i learnt how to drive in

would any of the 12145s be for sale, i would be very interested, even in the bonnet, floor pan and cab,its one tractor ive always wanted a model of as it was the tractor i learnt how to drive in

Sorry mate only planed on doing one as i am making it from scratch but if i knew where i could get cabs and florpans they would be easyer made so for the mean time wont be selling any

Big tractor to learn to drive on  :)

Sorry mate only planed on doing one as i am making it from scratch but if i knew where i could get cabs and florpans they would be easyer made so for the mean time wont be selling any

Big tractor to learn to drive on  :)

No worries mate, may give scratch building one myself ago. Yeah its all we had at the time, no electrics so you really learnt "how" to drive

• 1 month later...